Chapter 25

Jack's POV

I rubbed my eyes open. I looked over to my left. Mandy was still asleep, but guess who was also in the bed. Oh yes, Tanner. I didn't even hear or feel him come in. I got out of the bed. I walked over to Mandy's side of the bed. I gave her a kiss on the forehead. After I did that, she opened her eyes and smiled at me. I smiled back. I bent down. "Let's take Tanner out." "Okay." She said. Mandy shook Tanner to get up. He moaned, but got up. "Daddy. Carry me." He said in a tired voice. I walked over to him and picked him up. He laid his head on my shoulder.

I took Tanner to his room. While still holding him, I picked out his clothes. I picked out Nike shorts, a red Nike shirt, and his black Nike tennis shoes. Outfit was on point. I set him on the ground. I helped him put on his clothes. After i helped him with his clothes, I took him to the bathroom. We brushed our teeth together. I brushed his hair. He brushed mine. I put daddy's deodorant and body spray on him. "I'm a big boy now! Mommy never put this stuff on me before." He said. I laughed. "Because you don't need that stuff Tanner." Mandy said while leaning on the door. I laughed.

Mandy and I went to her room, while Tanner went to play with his toys in his room. "Ok, where are you planning to go because I need to know what to wear?" She asked. "Wear something comfy." I said. She picked out high waisted shorts, a crop top, and her black Vans. I then gave her look that meant your going to wear that. "I may be a mom, but I'm also a teenager, so it's ok to wear this." She said while putting her hand on her hip. "Haha. Ok, whatever you say." I said. She pushed me playfully. "Just shut up." She laughed. I picked out shorts, my black Vans with black crew Nike socks, and a tee shirt. Mandy gave me the same look I gave her. "I may be a dad, but I'm also a teenager, so it's ok to wear this." I mocked her. She flipped the middle finger at me and laughed. I laughed too.

I walked to Tanner's room. "You ready to go bud?" "Where are we going?" He asked curious. "It's a surprise." I said. He ran to me. I picked him up. He looked in my face. "I don't like surprises." I laughed. I walked out to the living room. "Are we just going to take my car?" Mandy asked me. "Yeah. That's fine." I said.

We walked to the car. I carried Tanner all the way down to the car. I put him in his car seat, while Mandy got in the passenger seat. This must be the first time Mandy has got to get in the passenger seat, without putting Tanner in his car seat. Ugh. I feel bad. I wished Mandy told me about our son. I would have helped. I think. Maybe. I don't know to be honest. I was a party animal. Also, I did smoke a lot of weed. I got in the passenger seat. I started her car and pulled out of the apartment's driveway.

We have been riding in the car for about fifteen minutes. "Dad! When are we going to get there!" Tanner said, in a obviously way he was annoyed by the long car ride. "Almost there buddy." I said. I put my hand on top of Mandy's hand. We then held each other's hand. We looked at each other and smiled. "He's going to love the surprise." I said and smiled. She smiled. "Good." Thirty minute laters, we arrive to the place. Tanner is looking around at all the cars at this place. I parked the car. Mandy got out and took Tanner out of his seat. I got out of the car and picked up Tanner to carry him in. We walked to the main part. I paid for the tickets. Before we walked through the door, I stopped Mandy. I looked at Tanner. "You ready for your surprise?" I asked Tanner. "Yes!" He said excited. "Close your eyes." I said. He closed his eyes, but I put my hand over his eyes to make sure Tanner couldn't see anything. We walked through the doors. I removed my hands. "Open your eyes." I said. Tanner opened his eyes. His mouth was wide opened. He gasped. "The zoo!"