Chapter 12

Mandy's POV

As we were driving to Walmart, I had to put my sunglasses on because it was very sunny out today. We arrived at Walmart. I got Tanner out of the car. "You stay close by me and hold my hand. Okay Tanner?" I told him. "Okay." He said.

I grabbed a cart. I decided to get some things for the apartment first before I got the food. As I was getting some things for the apartment, Tanner kept bugging me to go look at the toys. I decided to take him to look at the toys. We walked down the Lego isle. "I want this!" Tanner said. It was a small box of Legos. I looked at the price. It was $5.59. "I guess so." I said. "Yay!" He said then hugged my legs.

We walked to the food sections. I was walking by the fridges. I had to stop to get milk. People where in front of the fridge where the milk was. "Now Tanner you stay by the cart. I have to get milk." I said. "Okay." He said. I hurried and walked over to the milk. "Excuse me." I told the people. They moved. I grabbed the milk out of the fridge. I looked back at the cart. Tanner wasn't there! I ran back to the cart and threw my milk in it. I ran through each isle looking for Tanner. "Tanner! Tanner! Where are you!" As I yell. People are looking at me. My heart is racing fast. What if someone stole my little boy! As I run down the isle, I stopped at isle 2 because I saw Tanner talking to someone.

I walked over to Tanner. "Tanner! I told you not to run off!" I tell him. The guy that was talking to Tanner turned around. My heart skipped a beat. It can't be him. No. It just can't, but it was. It was Jack. "Sorry mommy." Tanner ran over to me. I bend down at Tanner and picked him up. "Is that your son?" Jack asked. "Yeah." I said kind of quiet. "He's cute." Jack said. "Thanks." I said. He probably doesn't recognize me because I had my glasses on. "Thanks for not taking him." I said. "Haha. No problem. I wouldn't take kids anyways." He said. I smiled. "You know what? You sound like someone I used to know. My heart skipped another beat. "Ha-ha. Well... I better go." I said. "Bye." He said.

I took Tanner back to the cart. I put Tanner into the cart. "He was nice mommy." Tanner said. I wanted to say baby that's your daddy, but I can't. I didn't know Jack wanted to live here. This can't be good. I just want to go back to the apartments now.