Chapter 6

Mandy's POV

Tanner and I was heading home because in thirty minutes the furniture people will be here. "Mommy. I'm hungry." Tanner whined. "After I show the furniture people are apartment, I will take you out to eat." I told Tanner. "Okay." He said.

We arrived at the apartments. It was only ten more minutes till the furniture people came. I got Tanner out of the car. We waited on the sidewalk for the furniture people. Tanner was on my phone playing Candy Crush. He was more addicted to that game than I was. We waited fifteen minutes. "They should be here any minute." I told Tanner. After waiting a minute, they finally pulled in. I stood up and waved at them. They notice me and parked the truck right beside where Tanner and I was setting. The two men got out of the truck. The man on the right side asked me a question. "You Mandy?" "Yes sir." I said then smiled.

The two men walked in the back of the truck and slid the door up. I followed behind them. "Will you guys build the furniture for me?" I asked. "Yes mam, we will." The one man said then smiled. "My apartment is 4B." I told them. "Okay." They both said. "Is it okay if I take my son out to eat?" I asked them. The man that got out on the right side said that was fine. "Here is my apartment key. Just leave it under the welcome mat." I said while handing the guy my key. "Will do mam."

I got Tanner in the car. I got in the driver's side. I started the car and pulled out of the apartment's parking lot. "Where you want to go Tanner?" I asked him. "I-I wanna go where there is a play land ." He said. I knew actually where to take him. I asked Siri on my phone where the closet Burger King was. Siri then told me the closet Burger King. I then put it in my GPS on my phone.

We arrived at a Burger King after fifteen minutes of driving. I got out of the car then I got Tanner out. We walked inside. No one was in line so we got to order quickly. "Can I take your order?" The lady asked. "What you want baby?" I asked Tanner. "Chicken nuggets, with fries, and a milkshake." He said. I then looked at the lady. "I need chicken nuggets, a small fry, and a milkshake. As for me, I would like a number 6 with a water to drink." I told her. "Okay that will be $12.36." She said. I got my money out of my wallet and handed her $15. She handed me my change back. "You order number will be 232." She said. "Okay thanks!" I said.

Tanner went to go set down while I waited for the food. I filled my cup up with water. I only waited two minutes. A guy called off our number. As I went to grab the food, I told him a thank you. He said your welcome and smiled. I grabbed the tray with our food on it and walked to Tanner. "Yum." Tanner said excited. I just smiled. I handed Tanner's food to him. He started to eat his chicken nuggets first. I ate my burger first. After eating in quiet for about a couple of minutes, I spoke up. "You like it here?" I asked Tanner. "It's awesome mommy!" He said excited. I smiled. After Tanner ate all of his food, he went to play on the slides and stuff inside the building. I watched him the whole time while finishing my food. After I finished my food, I let him played for about ten more minutes. He was playing with a little girl. It seemed like he was having a good time.

I walked over to the girl sitting by herself, at a table, watching the kids play. "Is that your daughter?" I asked her. She looked up at me. "Yeah." She smiled. I then sit down at the table. "Looks like they are having fun." I said. "Haha. Yeah." She said. I kept looking at her and studying her. She looked about my age, so I spoke up. "How old was you when you had her?" I asked. "I was about 16. I got pregnant by my boyfriend. He helped me raise her. He was always there for me. We now live here." She said. "That's good." I said then smiled. Inside of me felt bad because if maybe I told Jack I was pregnant he might of helped me. I doubt though because he always would party and smoked weed. "What about you?" She asked. "I was 17." I said. "Is his dad still in his life?" She asked. "Um, he doesn't know he has a son. I was scared to tell him because I knew he wouldn't want anything to do with him. He always party and did stuff. While I was pregnant I moved to a new state. So, he doesn't know anything about his son, Tanner." I said kind of bummed. "Oh, well I'm sorry." She said. "Haha. It's fine." I said. "Well I think we've better head home. The furniture people should be done." I told her. "Well it was nice to meet you!" She said. "You too!" I said.

I walked in the play room and told Tanner it was time to go. I helped him put his tennis shoes back on. "Bye." Tanner said to the little girl. "Bye." She said back. They both gave each other a hug. It was cute. As I was walking out of Burger King, I waved bye to the girl I was talking to. She waved a goodbye back and smiled. I buckled Tanned in his car seat. I got in the driver's side. I started the car and pulled out of Burger King. It was time to head back home.