Prologue

Tiana POV

I held my small baby close to me. She was so small and chocolate just like I'd dream she'd be. Although I had not planned for her to be here, I was going to do everything in my natural ability to make sure she never wanted for anything.

I hadn't voiced how I was feeling lately. But I was really in my own head. At nineteen I was not at all expecting to be a mother. Going into my sophomore year of college I already have so much going on.

I had so many hopes for this year hell for my entire college career, and now it has changed completely. All of my hopes to pledge, and join student council, and all these clubs went out the window the day I pissed on that stick.

And I loved Milo, but our relationship really set me back and I was trying not to be resentful towards him.

"You sure you good with them coming?" He asked as he picked up around the house.
"I mean do I really have a choice?" I asked looking down at Mila.
"Don't say shit like that because you know I will make sure you're comfortable by any means baybeh, but you being short and dry isn't doing anything for either of us right now. Talk to me." He said stopping looking at me.
"She's only been home a week Milo, and your mom is already trying to get over here. Can we just spend time with her?" I asked voicing my true feelings.
"Of course we can, she just wanted to give us a little extra help." He said defending the situation.

Mila was only one week out of the NICU and to be honest I still was getting use to having her home myself when he just sprung the news that damn near his entire family was coming up from New Orleans. Not trying to put us at odds so soon after but truth be told I just wanted to spend time learning to be a family on our own before we went to calling for help.
"I get that, but we don't even know that we need the extra help yet because we've only done it for a week." I said tiredly.
"Neither of us have gotten any sleep, we have to take turns bathing. You might not need help because I try to give you that support but damn Ti, what about me?" He asked.

And it was already starting. No longer wanting to argue, I picked up Mila carrying her into our room. Laying her on her stomach on the bed, I patted her back until she started to drift off.

"You're going to grow up, and your dad's going to miss it

"You're going to grow up, and your dad's going to miss it." I said lowly. Truth be told I don't think me and Milo really considered the effect having a baby would have on our relationship. I found already that we had different parenting styles and everything that used to be so simple suddenly didn't feel that way.

Making sure she was safe in the bed, I headed back upstairs where Milo sat watching tv. Looking at me I felt like I was melting under his gaze.

Taking a seat next to him, he put his arm around my shoulder leaning us back on the couch

"I know you're scared. I'm scared too. But my fears are not your fears. I'm not afraid that we won't be good parents. I'm not afraid that making the decision to keep our baby will ruin us in the long run. And even if this isn't how you expect life to go, I'm glad I'm going through it with you. I'll always have your back Tiana." He said. Nodding I felt relief take over me.
"I don't know why I ever doubt you. You never cease to amaze me." I said. Pulling me into him, he held the sides of my face kissing me. As our kiss grew intense, I felt warm.
"Five." I said. "More." Kissing him. "Weeks." I finished with a peck pulling apart.
"Fuck, let me go to take a cold shower." He said standing up. Stopping he looked at me. "Wanna join?" I chuckled covering my face.
"No Milo." He shrugged heading down the stairs towards I room.

Knowing him, and his admiration for the baby. He would go down there and see her sleeping, and forget all about wanting to jump my bones just a few minutes before.