53.

Tiana POV

Three weeks later.

"I got my letter in the mail. I'm officially a Delta." I said excitedly but my family's excitement didn't match. Everyone continued eating not saying a word.
"You know you're welcome here anytime. But when you going home Ti?" T'ziah asked.
I shook my head.
"I don't know." I said honestly.
"So just fuck school huh?" He asked me.
"No I just don't want to go back right now." I said.
"Ain't no use in running, it's only going to make things worse for y'all."
"I don't want a divorce!" I semi yelled, as everyone at the table looked at me.

Truth be told I left D.C the second I saw the papers on the counter. That was three weeks ago. I packed me and Mila's things and got on the first flight to Georgia.
"Yeah I'm sure you don't. But you made your bed Tiana. Now you have to lay in it." T'ziah continued.
"It's not worth throwing away our marriage." I cried ready to get up from the table. I felt like I was being attacked and T'ziah was the only one speaking. I looked to Teya to defend me but she said nothing. Looking to Taelyn and Key they also said nothing.
"No Ti I think it is worth it. You lied to that man about being pregnant just so you could pledge. Now you have no baby and I don't doubt that you're grieving but that is something y'all could have gone through together if you had just been honest." He said looking at me. Not wanting to hear anymore I stood up.
"Nah don't walk away from me. You ain't a baby anymore Tiana. You need to be accountable." He said standing up too.
"I am T'ziah! That is why I made the decision for him not to see the baby like that. To put him through that!" I yelled at him.
"Yet you are the reason your baby laid dead in the damn crib to begin with!" He yelled at me.
"T'ziah." Teya said standing up and cutting him off.
"Let there me no confusion, I may have kept a secret and was careless with my decisions. But Paris took the paddle to my back! She did that. And if it had not been that, there is no telling what it would have been, she had it out for me. So don't sit up here and try to force me to take on all this responsibility on my own. Because I won't." I said heading to my old room where Mila slept peacefully in the middle of the bed.

I suddenly felt I needed to start packing our things. Felt like I had overstayed my welcome.
"You can't run away from everything that is against you Tiana. As adults we face things head on. And as your family no matter how much we disagree we love you, and only want what's best for you." Taelyn said standing in the doorway. Turning to face her, I just couldn't stop myself from crying.
"I don't know what else to do Tae." I sobbed.
"Be an adult. If Milo wants a divorce you can run all you want to, but when you finally decide to stop running those papers will still be there. He's not going to just change his mind." She said coming to give me a hug.
"He won't even talk to me. For a week he simply avoided me, stayed away from the house or in the guest room. Just to drop this on me." I said.
"I mean can you blame him Tiana. He has feelings too. That man loves you, and literally worships the ground you walk on. But you did something that really hurt him. And this is how he is coping. You can't ask questions or be angry with him for that." She explained.

She was right but I still wish I had a way to talk to him. And see that I didn't do this to hurt him.
"Just call him Tiana, I'm sure he misses his daughter." She said and closed the door behind her.

Calling him, the phone rang a lot making me feel that he wasn't going to answer.
"Hello?" He said into the phone.
"Hi."
"What's up?" He said clearing his throat.
"I know I've been avoiding your calls, and I know you're probably missing Mila. I actually flew to Georgia." I said looking at our daughter who slept peacefully.
"Yeah I know, I talked to T'ziah. I called the day you left and he told me."
"Oh sorry it had to come to that."
"Yeah I would have appreciated if you would have communicated that you were taking her all the way to Georgia."
"She's my daughter."
"And she's mine too Tiana. So what are you saying?"
"You asking for a divorce means you are accepting and understanding that if I don't want to stay in D.C I don't have to. But know that my daughter is going wherever I go." I said and with that I hung up.

Tears flooded my face. My phone vibrated letting me know he was calling again. But sitting the phone down I simply decided we had nothing further to discuss.
A knock at the door interrupted my thoughts.
Opening it, T'ziah stood there looking at me. Wiping my tears, I looked away.

"I'm sorry for how I came at you. You're dealing with enough. I just want what's best for you." He said.
"I'm fine, thanks."I said dryly.
"I mean that, I love you and I know I'm hard on you. But I need you to think Tiana. You're an adult now." He said. And I nodded.
"T'ziah I think I'm going to move back to Georgia." I said.
"I think you'll regret it. Only goal I've ever known you to have was to graduate from Howard. Not be a mom, or a wife. Granted that came along the way, I still think you should see your original goal through."
"I don't think I can do it."
"You can do anything. Milo will always be apart of your life. He is Mila's father. That's something that will never change. And if it's meant to be between yall... it will come together."He said and I nodded going to hug him. "Everything is going to be fine."