52.

Milo POV

One week later.

"There's not anyway you can get them drawn up sooner?" I asked into the phone.
"Unfortunately not. Y'all have a lot of assests. And furthermore you have a child. There's no guarantee that she's going to be okay with the joint physical custody; and that can make for a nasty divorce." Priscilla my lawyer responded.
"I don't care about it getting nasty, she knows what she did. But I'm going to be in Mila's life. There's no other option." I said.
"I understand and I'm doing the best I can do. In the mean time either communicate that you want a divorce and come to an agreement or play it cool until I can get these papers over for you." She said.
"Imma play it cool." I said.
"Okay I'll be in touch Milo." She said and I hung up.

"What did she say?"

"Shit basically said that I can try and have a conversation with Tiana about the divorce, or I can just wait it out

"Shit basically said that I can try and have a conversation with Tiana about the divorce, or I can just wait it out." I said.
"Honestly Milo knowing her, you should just wait there's no talking to that woman." Jayda said taking a sip of her water.
"Yeah but I can't even look at her. I can't even stand to be in the same room as her right now. Let alone this relationship. She should feel it coming." I said feeling frustrated.
"You would think but she just doesn't know how bad she's pissed you off." She said.
"I'm not pissed anymore. I'm done."
"Yeah I know how it gets when it's like that for you." She said lowly.
"Look, I know shit ended badly for me and you. But I still got love for you. I always will. But you had to understand the position you put me in with my wife and my family. Shit wasn't right." I said.
"I know and I'm just glad you've found it in your heart to forgive me." She said.

My phone vibrated.

T'ziah
We got her. Key got us at this basement.
Me: Bet send me the addy, I'm otw.

"Aye look, I appreciate you for being a listening ear. I gotta go though." I said standing to my feet.
"Maybe you can hit me up later, if you're not too busy." She said standing too.
"Yeah I will." I said pulling her in for a hug.

Heading out the restaurant, I typed the address in the GPS and headed that way.
There was a lot on my mind. I loved Tiana more than anything but this was something I wasn't willing to forgive. I would spend the rest of my life loving her and our daughter, but being with her simply wasn't an option for me anymore.

Pulling up, I got out locking my door behind me.
Key met me at the door. I gave him a head nod.
"It's pretty bad in there, but they waited on you." He said and I nodded heading in. I went into the basement. I could hear her screams, but surprisingly I felt numb. Entering the dark room she was tied up and leaking from the sides of her body.
"Milo please please. I'm sorry." Paris begged.
"We tried waiting on you, but I just left from your house and I couldn't contain myself after seeing my sister." T'ziah said shrugging, he was smoking a blunt. Passing it to me, I shook my head no. I got drug tested for football.

"Bitch shut up." Taelyn added pouring a chemical into the open wounds on her back, as she screamed out. The smell of the solution burned my nose. "Acid." She said putting the bottle down. I didn't want to inflict any pain on her myself, but I wanted to see her hurt for sure.
"Anything you wanna do?" T'ziah asked.
"Nah I'm good." I said looking at Paris. It was clear she was going to die regardless. I just didn't want her blood on my hands.
Pulling out a paddle T'ziah twirled it around in his hands.
"Look familiar?" He asked her as she sobbed.
"It should. You nearly killed our sister and his wife with one. But you didn't, just their baby." Taelyn said. And I cringed at the thought.
Raising the paddle he brought it down bad over her back. She yelped out.
"Iight I can't. I gotta go." I said ready to leave.
"Milo please. I didn't mean it." She cried out and I felt my body heat up. Turning to her I looked at her like she was crazy.

Chuckling T'ziah handed me the paddle.
"So you mean to tell me? You didn't know she was pregnant?" I asked lowly. "Cus she knew, so surely she told somebody." I said.
"She said she wasn't sure." She said as she began to float in and out of consciousness.
"Yet you still beat her over the back knowing there was a chance she was!?" I asked in disbelief and before I knew it I was hitting her too. Stopping abruptly, I dropped the paddle. I wasn't a pussy. And I was a strong believer that people would get theirs but I wasn't raised like this. I wasn't raised to put my hands on women. Even if it meant defending someone who had my whole heart.

Hurrying out the basement, I came back to the sunlight.
"You good bro?" Key asked me, and I shrugged him off getting in my car.

***

Pulling up at the apartment, I got out and headed in.
Tiana met me at the door with Mila on her hip.
"Thought you weren't suppose to be lifting over a pound?" I asked not really looking at her.
"Why do you have blood on you? Are you okay?" She asked.
"Don't answer my question with a question. If you hurt yourself lifting her, there will be no one here to help either of you." I said removing Mila from her arms and setting her on the floor. "She can crawl." I explained.
"Im fine Milo. If you would look at me you would see that."
"I need to shower." I said walking past her. Heading to the guest room I turned the shower on climbing in.

After bathing I got out, and pulled my boxers on. Going back into the living room it was dark now. Letting me know Tiana was getting herself and the baby ready for bed.
Checking Mila's room it was empty. Going to the room Tiana and I used to share, she laid in the bed with Mila next to her. Clearing my throat I scooped her up kissing her face all over as she giggled.
"Love you big girl." I said kissing her one last time before putting her back in the bed. Turning to leave the room.
"I'm sorry Milo." Tiana said sadly. But this time I was out of words, and hers just weren't enough for me. So I continued out of the room.