36.

Milo POV
Christmas Day.

The house was dangerously quiet for it to be Christmas Day. Looking next to me, Tiana slept with Mila laying on her chest.
There was a knock on the door. Sliding out of the bed, careful not to wake them up. I went to retrieve it.
It was Taelyn.
"Oh hey. I was hoping Tiana was up." She said. Opening the door, I showed her Tiana sleeping peacefully.
"Nah, she had a long day yesterday. I was letting her sleep in." I said.
"Oh okay, I just wanted to talk to her before today's events started. But I can wait til later to tell her. If you would just tell her I really need to talk to her." She said. And I nodded wanting to get back in the bed myself.
"I'll tell her." I said. And she nodded walking away. Closing the door, I went to get back in the bed and there was another knock.
Sighing I went to open it again. This time is was Blue and India.
"Damn don't y'all know it's Christmas." Blue said. And I looked at him plainly.
"Yes we know. But our kid ain't gone remember shit about this day so we sleeping in." I said about to close the door.
"Wait, but everybody is about to eat breakfast. We don't know these folks like that." India said.
"Well we ain't coming to breakfast so waiting on us. Y'all gone starve." I said.
"Y'all suck." Blue said as the walked away from the door. Closing the door, I turned to get back in the bed.
"Don't even get comfortable. They gone keep on knocking." Tiana said groggily placing Mila in the bed next to her.
"Don't I know it, how you feeling baybeh?" I asked getting in the bed facing her.
"I'm over it babe. I'm ready to get home." She said.
"I know but I still want you to make the best of the holiday. We only have a few more days here." I said turning her chin to me.
"Yeah well I don't want to see them. I blocked my brother. I left the group message with my friends and Teya. I'm just tired."
"I know baybeh. I'm sorry if you're holiday is ruined."
"It's okay babe it isn't entirely your fault." She said and I chuckled.
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah, oh on the plus side though I got my call." She said smiling.
"Damn what they say?"
"They said our start day is January 5th."
"Well that's good, you know if India got her call?"
"I don't know but Laina text me. She got hers."
"Look at yall bout to be line sisters and shit."
"Kinda like you, Blue, and D. I'm so excited."
"Baybeh yall could never be us. We fly and y'all hot in the draws." I said.
"Boy." She said pushing my shoulder.
"Let's take a bath bae. While she still sleep." I said, getting to going to draw the bath.

Getting in first, she climbed in after sitting in front of me.

"Guess it's safe to assume our families will never be able to coexist

"Guess it's safe to assume our families will never be able to coexist." She said.
"Nah baby don't say that. Y'all gone make up." I said reassuring her.
"He literally pulled a gun on you Milo. Why are you so calm?"
"Because no matter how much I hate him, he is still and always will be your brother baybeh. And you need him."
"I don't need that nigga."
Chuckling I was starting to rub off on her and I loved it.
"Yes you do. Tomorrow is not promised, and I may not always be here."
"Don't even talk like that." She said turning to look at me.
"Calm down, I'm not going to do anything to purposely leave you. But things happen and I don't want you out here by yourself. That's why I want y'all to make up."
"Well he needs to apologize. There's no way around it."
"I understand bae. Just don't let it get too bad."
She nodded.

Enjoying our bath for a bit longer, we got out and decided to get dressed. Getting Mila up, we dressed her too, finally heading down the stairs.
"Wow, it is 1 in the afternoon. Breakfast is over now." My mom said as soon as we entered the kitchen.
"We didn't want breakfast." I answered.
"You don't miss no meals, just say she didn't want it, and we can deal with it." She said washing the dishes. Tiana rolled her eyes taking a seat next to India.
"The kids are in the living room opening gifts." India said.
"We didn't wanna intrude on the family festivities so we just stayed in here." Blue said. It was him, India, D, my brothers and sister.
"Man come on, y'all are family too." Tiana said pulling them along, as we entered the living room.
They were laughing and having a good time and then it suddenly stopped. The kids continued to open gifts not understanding what the silence was all about.
"Merry Christmas." Teya spoke with Wynn in her lap. She and T'ziah sat separately.
"Merry Christmas." I said but Tiana said nothing.
Taking a seat on the couch, I laid Mila in my lap.
"We got Mila something." Teya added holding up a gift box.
"She's good." Tiana said.
"Thank you." I responded taking the box, earning a glare from her.
"So you big mad?" T'ziah asked her, and I decided not to intervene seeing as I already wanted to kill him.
"Why are you speaking to me?" Tiana asked.
"Y'all stop it." Ms. Leigh added.
"Because you're my sister, and furthermore you can't beat my ass Tiana." He said in a mocking way.
"She ain't got to." I said.
"We are not doing this today. It's Christmas and it's for the kids. Tiana you don't have to take our gift for the baby, but we are still family. And we love you." Teya said.
"It's no beef on my end but you're husband needs to apologize." Tiana said crossing her arms.
"I don't have an apology for you shorty." He said starring me down.
"Then it's fuck you." She responded.
"Alright fuck you."
"And this is the family you wanted to join?" My mom turned and asked me.
"Ma don't start." Parker said.
"Nah your brother insisted on being apart of this family for her. And look at them." My mom continued.
"You don't know them well enough to speak on my family. We have differences just like any other family does. Do I need to remind you that Kobi just left from staying with Milo because of y'all's differences?" Tiana snapped.
Chuckling my mom shook her head.
"Don't worry about my relationship with my son, you need to worry about your relationship with your sister." My mom said and I furrowed my eyebrows, this crazy lady putting siblings on my baby.
"I don't have a sister." Tiana said.
"Oh but you do, matter fact she right there." My mom said pointing at Taelyn who had tears in her eyes. I was so confused.
Tiana looked to Taelyn, then to T'ziah who was now avoiding eye contact.
"Somebody better say something right fucking now." Tiana snapped.
"Can we talk outside?" Taelyn asked.

Oop. And the tea is piping hot. 😘💃🏽