Epilogue

Tiana POV
Four weeks later.

"Tiana Marie Silas." They called my name, as I walked across the stage. Taking my degree in hand, I smiled for a picture.

Excitedly walking back to my seat, I smiled at my family. Milo sat with both of our daughters in his arms. T'ziah sat with a shirt with my face on it. Teya held her kids, while dabbing her eyes.

I was so ready to get to them, and bask in their love and gratitude. Especially Milo's. As soon as we got back from Turks and Caicos he had an away game. And I hadn't seen him since. He has played a joke on me but I was glad he was here, even if I had a small doubt that he would be.

Flashback
Earlier that day.

"Can you just let me explain?" He asked into the phone.
"Explain what? How this is one of the most important days of my life and you're not going to be here? Like who the fuck does that?" I snapped, laying Miani down on the bed getting her onesie buttoned up.
"Cheré." He warned.
"I mean I get it, you're a professional athlete but don't you realize your first job is to be a father and the second is to be a husband and right now you're putting football first. And if this is going to be a habit then--."
"Baybeh, will you relax? Don't go making threats at me about what's to come if I continue to put football first. Cus I'm not." He said.
"My brother is in the NFL too, yet he'll be here. What is your excuse?" I asked picking up Miani as I sat in the bed, pulling my boob out I placed it at her mouth as she stared at me sleepily.
"It's my job what you mean? There is no excuse." He said.
"Alright Milo." I said not even wanting to talk about it anymore.
"I'll be there as soon as I can be." He said.
"Yeah."
"I love you." He said.
"I love you too." I said hanging up.

"Say I'm ready mommy." Amera said bringing Mila in the guest room I was staying at my brothers.

" Amera said bringing Mila in the guest room I was staying at my brothers

"Ooooh so pretty mommy big girl." I gushed at my daughter. She was growing everyday. Looking more like me. And she wore a necklace with her sister's name on it proudly everyday. I couldn't wait til Miani was old enough, she'd have one that says Mila.
"Miani eating mommy?" Mila asked climbing on the bed with her grandmas help.
"Yup." I said stroking her hair. "Okay big girl with the Louis." I said hyping her up.
"Who bought that purse for you Mila?" Amera asked.
"My daddy." Mila said cheesing.
"That girl be knowing." Amera said chuckling.
"Mhm." I said dryly.
"What's wrong?" She asked sitting next to me.
"He has a game." I said annoyed.
"Today? No way. I thought he triple checked that." Amera frowned.
"Apparently he didn't, cus he won't be in attendance. I see what's important." I said.
"Don't say that. You're just speaking out of anger. You know if he could be here he would be at the drop of hat." She said and she was right. Looking down at Miani she was dozing off. Putting my boob up, I picked her up and began trying to burp her.
"Here give me her. I'll burp her. You get ready." She said taking Miani.
"Okay."
"I'm going with Gma." Mila said jumping off the bed almost giving me a heart attack.