44.

Tiana POV

Three days later.

I was finally reclaiming my life. I was sadden that Summer had lost her life behind something and someone I could have warned her about. I was also sad that Amir had killed himself, but that is what guilt could do to a person. But seeing Milo walk out the door with our daughter, I felt pain. I felt like I couldn't breath. And nothing else mattered but them in that moment. I had reached out to Milo, and luckily he had answered. He was staying at Blue's with Mila, and told me I needed to get my shit together. I had been blowing his phone up letting him know I missed them, and I was ready for them to come home. So I found myself overly excited by the knocking on the door.

Rushing to the door, I smiled big ready to embrace my husband and my baby. But it was quickly replaced when I realized it was T'ziah and Taelyn.
"Can we come in?" Taelyn asked.

"Seeing as yall flew and drove all the way over here, I guess it'd be rude to say no

"Seeing as yall flew and drove all the way over here, I guess it'd be rude to say no." I said opening the door.
"And seeing as you're sitting in this house with your husband and daughter you would think, you'd be nicer to only two people you have left." T'ziah said.

Rolling my eyes I sat on the couch. As they sat on the couch across from me.
"So what y'all brother and sister of the year now?" I asked looking between them.
"Not by a long shot. But we both equally love you. And are worried about you." T'ziah said.
"Worried about me for what? I'm fine." I lied.
"You're not. That's why Milo left. He can't understand your grieving over Amir. But we are here to help you get through that, so you can get back to loving and living life again." Taelyn said.
"I shouldn't grieve Amir, he killed Summer." I said out loud.
"He did, but he also killed himself and that's a hard pill to swallow. Especially when it's about someone you loved." Taelyn said. Looking at T'ziah he said nothing and his face held no expression.
"How can you sit there and look so carelessly!? He was your best friend!? And even though he killed Summer, he's still gone! He's gone forever T'ziah!" I yelled at him suddenly crying.
"That's probably what's best for everybody. But you don't see me tearing up my life about it. And I don't get why you're doing it either." He said.
"Because he was sick T'ziah! He suffered daily for the shit that happened to him in jail, and seeing as you're the reason he went you would think you would be a little more compassionate!" I yelled at him.
"Did you see Summer's lifeless body stuffed in the back of a trunk!? Bleeding from every hole in her damn head plus two more that he gave her! No! So don't talk to me about compassion! Because even if I had did the time for myself, I never would have taken it upon myself to take someone's life!" He yelled back at me.
"So you just stop loving him because he did something horrible?!" I asked.
"No Amir was my brother. I hate he took his own life, but I don't feel sorry for him. If that's what guilt does to you, then that least that he deserved for taking that girl from her parents man." He said.
I had to agree wirh him on that. But I couldn't help but feel sad. And that is where I was having trouble.
"So what am I supposed to do?" I asked.
"Praise God! I'm sorry. I know that Summer was your friend, and I'm so sorry for y'all's lost. But ever since I found out, I thank God every single day that it wasn't you Tiana." Taelyn said and T'ziah nodded.
"Me too." He said lowly.

Looking between them they both held sad facial expressions. Getting up I sat on their couch right in between them and let them both pull me into a hug. We cried. Never once letting go of each other.
"I'm sad by the series of events that have taken place. I'm sorry that Summer lost her life, and I pray that she is reunited with her brother. I'm sorry that Amir took his life, and I pray he asked for your forgiveness. But Lord I thank you. I thank you for giving me another opportunity at life. I thank you for my siblings no matter how estranged we've become. And Lord I thank you for Milo and Mila, for saving me from what could have been. Amen." I said into my siblings embrace.
"Amen." They said together.