55.

Tiana POV

"I'm glad you took that clown hair out and let your boy see that natural beauty

"I'm glad you took that clown hair out and let your boy see that natural beauty." He said into the FaceTime call.
"Boy play with ya mama, not me. My wig will be back on tomorrow." I said rolling my eyes.
"I'm just fucking with you, you look beautiful either way baby." He said. I blushed at him calling me baby. He had been doing that a lot lately.
"DeMario, we agreed to call each other by our names. So we don't complicate things." I whined sticking out my bottom lip.
"It's too late for complication Tiana. You and I both know that."
"Well I'm trying to get a grip on things."
"For what reason? Your ex? I'm not worried about him Tiana. Only thing I'm concerned about is making you happy."
"Yes my ex, we have a daughter together. Which means if you and I get serious enough you'll have to meet him; and if he doesn't like you he'll never allow me to have Mila around you." I said rushing all of my thoughts out.
"What's not to like about me?"
"I can think of a few things." I said lowly.
"Name one thing." He chuckled.
"Hm let's see you fucked the mother of his child the first damn night y'all met." I fake cried. That was a horrible time. And I'd live with that regret for the rest of my life.

"He doesn't have to know that. And furthermore I wish you would let it go. We're past that. I'd like to think we are dating now, so how we started shouldn't matter." He said. "And I hope you don't believe your ex has spent these past six months miles away from his old life focused on baseball. That nigga laid up in something new too."
"Football. He plays football. And even if he does have someone new in his life, he hasn't told me about her yet. And I'm not going to tell him about you yet. So can we please just drop it?" I asked feeling annoyed.
"Yeah we can dead it. What you plan on doing while in New York?" He asked me.
"I don't know I haven't had the opportunity to stay up here longer than a weekend yet. So I'm not sure yet."
"He doesn't have anything planned for y'all to do for the week?" He inquired.
"He doesn't know I'm staying a week. So I'm sure not." I said really wishing he would not bring Milo up anymore.
"Think that's something you might wanna tell him?"
"Look DeMario, we have talked about my ex more than I would have liked to for the night. So with that being said I'm going to call it a night. Goodnight." I said.
"Tiana." I heard him say before hanging up.

Rolling my eyes, I decided to call India.
"Hello?" She said into the phone.
"Indy!" I whined into the phone falling back into the hotel bed.
"What hoe?"
"I don't like DeMario anymore." I said.
"Girl shut up. Yes the hell you do. You just don't like that you cant run over him."
"I'm not trying to. I just need him to understand I'm not interested in talking about my ex in every conversation."
"You mean your husband?"
"Really India?"
"I'm just saying put yourself in his shoes. You are legally married, yet pursuing a new relationship with him. How is he suppose to find out how you feel about Milo if he doesn't ask questions? He's just trying to make sure you're not back pedaling. Chill on my friend, he good people."
"I'm not worried about Milo. I'm am literally just waiting on the day when we can sign the papers and be done." I said honestly.
"Tiana you need to stop being that way. Now I know you were hurt how things ended but if I didn't know any better I would think Milo did something to you, and not the other way around. You treat that man absolutely horrible, and that's not right or healthy."
"He doesn't say anything about it so surely there isn't a problem." I said shrugging.
"You need Jesus. So you gone spend the week not speaking to him?" She asked.
"He doesn't even know I'll be here past the weekend. I'm honestly considering just texting him and telling him to keep Mila through the week, and I'll get her back the day the flight leaves." I said deciding to send the text now.

Milo 💔
Hey, I'm actually out of school for the summer and have a week before I'll have to start summer school. I'll just come get Mila Friday before our flight leaves out, as long as it doesn't interfere with your practice schedule.

"Don't send that boy that. He'll think you don't want to spend any family time with them." India said after I sent the text.
"Too late its already been sent. And I don't. He can enjoy his daughter on his own. They don't need me." I said.
"Goodbye Tiana. You're crazy." She said hanging up on me.

My phone vibrated.

Milo💔
Milo 💔: Nah that's cool. My siblings been wanting to see her anyways. Why didn't you tell me? I would have planned to show y'all around New York. Hell I'm still learning the city myself lol.

Me: Its fine, I promise. I'll find something to do. Enjoy your daughter Milo.

Putting my phone down, I laid back on the bed. I'm sure there was something I could do in this city. I just had to figure out what it was. Anything that would keep me occupied and not missing my baby.
My phone vibrated again, causing me to frown.

Milo 💔
Milo 💔: Why you got act like this towards me? What did I do to you Tiana?

My heart raced. Six months and we hadn't talked. We just co-parented. Yet here he is, opening the wounds I thought I had closed. A single tear slipped and I wiped it quickly. Deciding not respond and to turn my phone off completely.

Hey guys! What you think about Arya? DeMario? Let me know. I know I know, it isn't Tilo BUT it's almost a new year why not get some new love and new relationships working 💙