Chapter 3 - I Need A Job

"What an ***hole, don't waste your time and money on him," He tried his hardest not crack a smile.
"He's just simply not worth it."
He truly tried containing his laughter but failed miserably.

"You looked like a complete idiot, you should've- You should've seen your own face. You looked so stupid.
'I'm so sorry, sir. Let me buy you a new shirt'." He mocked me, making a terrible impression of my voice.

"OMG STOP IT." I whined, slapping his back.

Before I could say anything else, my eyes wandered away from him and stumbled across something, something beautiful. A skateboard.

A beautiful, black skateboard being displayed in front a store.

"Namjoon, look!" I pointed at the beanie.

"It's perfect. It's mine!" I ran as fast as physically possible towards the glass display.

"I need it now." I pressed my forehead against the glass.

Finally catching up, Namjoon stood beside me.

"You want it?"
"Of course I want it."

"Sur- Holy s**t that's expensive." Finally, I look down at the price tag.

HOLY S**T! THAT'S EXPENSIVE!

"Y/N, you can't afford that." He cringed.

"No s**t, Sherlock. How am I ever going to afford it?" I whined, knowing I was never going to be able to afford it.

"Nah B**ch, you're broke as-"
"Shut up."
"It's just an option but maybe you could get a job. I mean, you make a mean coffee when you actually try."

"Pffft, A job? Really?"
"Yeah, really. You'd make a great barista."

"Why a barista. Out of all things the things, why a barista?"
"Are you dumb? Like I said, you make good coffee."

"Hmm, maybe you are right, maybe a job is the right way to go."

"But, Joonie."
"What now?"
"I don't even like coffee."
"Does that even matter?"

-

A

couple days later, here you were.

"So this is the machine you're gonna be using for making coffee. For making Americanos, you need to press this red button." Her fingers pressed against the maroon colored button.

The girl in front of me was truly the epitome of beauty. Jisoo. Jisoo they called her.

Her skin was clearer and something I dreamt of having.

Her hair was a chestnut brown color, It was long and flowy, ending at around her small hips.

I'm getting ahead of myself.
Point is, Jisoo was really beautiful. The kind of beautiful that people dream of becoming.

The kind of beautiful that has you drowning in your own insecurity about your own face.

"Get it?"
"Yeah," I fumbled with the little notebook I was holding.
"You explained everything really well." I gave her my greatest smile.

"Thank you, want to take your very first order now?"
"Sure, why not?"

"Great, I have some matter to attend to in the back, call me if you need anything. Bye." She pushed the door and went away, exactly as the door bell rung.

"Hi, what can I help you with-"
"You!?"

The guy you bumped into a couple days earlier.

End of chapter 3.
Hope you enjoyed!