Chapter 34 - Break Up

"So why is it that you called me over to your house?" I wrapped my hands around the warm mug.

"I know you like him."
"Who?"
"Jungkook," She took a sip from the cup before she spoke up again.
"I know you like him."

She was right. I looked down at the green dyed water, rather than having to face her again.

"That's actually why I called you over to my place- to warn you to stay away from Jungkook."
"Can I ask you why that is?"

She sighed, debating whether to tell me or not. Ellie sat like that for a while before deciding to tell you.

"Remember when I told you that he cheated on me with another woman?"
"Yeah, I remember that."

"Well, he didn't actually cheat on me in that kind of way. I had told him that I wanted a divorce a week before and then... Then..." She looked down, clenching her mug.

---

Ellie sighed in relief as she finally could put the grocery bags on the marble counter, when a strange noise caught her eye.

Suddenly she felt numb and colorless when she realized what the repeating sound was.

Bed creaking...

Ellie already knew that it wasn't an intruder and Mina was not home so she couldn't be bothered to take a knife with her as she went up the creaky stairs, already fearing the worst possible outcome.

Yet it still hurt like hell when she opened the bedroom door.
Jungkook in bed with a strange woman. They were both moaning as Jungkook continuously thrusted into the obnoxiously loud woman.

His massive body was wrapped around her smaller one almost when Ellie made herself known by gasping loudly.

"Ellie! Shit, you weren't supposed to see that." Jungkook fell off the bed and landed harshly on the floor, before getting up to put clothes on.

The woman smirked as put the duvet over her hot body and Jungkook followed after his wife, well ex wife as she went down the stairs and walked into the living room.

" Ellie, it's not what you th-"
"What is that slut's name?"
"Huh? Why does that matter-"
"What's her name?" She yelled this time.

"JungHwa, Min JungHwa." He tried touching her but she pulled away.
"Why were you fucking her?"

"I'm so sorry Ellie but you said that you wanted a divorce and I didn't know what to do so I-I-" He tried resoning with her but it was useless.
"So that's your excuse? You didn't know what to do with yourself?"

"I'm sorry but-"
"Don't you dare try and excuse your fucking actions." She hissed.

"I know I fucked up but you started pushing me away and I didn't know what to do. And besides you'd already told me that you wanted a divorce." He slowly began tearing up.

"I'm sorry, Ellie." He cried.

---

"Wow... That's sad," I said awkwardly.
"I'm sorry I didn't know."
"It's alright..." She was hesitant but spoke up anyway.

"I know what he did wasn't cheating but it still hurt."

It was weird but I kind of understood Jungkook's point of view now.
It didn't excuse his behavior but he made a mistake. Everyone fucks up, sometimes bigger than others and I feel like that's what Jungkook did.

And besides, maybe he's changed.
He seemed to have.

"My point i- Be careful with love. It can hurt like crazy."

"Then why did you split up?"
She was hesitant.

"We really liked each other but it just wasn't love. My heart didn't skip a beat like it was supposed to do everytime I saw him. You know, that spark there was had disappeared and I at some point started hating him."

It was a scary scenario, being stuck in a loveless marriage but it was what it was.

14 Years Apart - JJK X READERजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें