Chapter 32 - Kissed

"Now let's go get those wounds treated before they get infected." I grabbed his hand and went into me and my mom's bathroom and pulled out a first aid kid from the white cabinet. Jungkook sat down on the closed toilet lid.

"Now let's see where else you're hurt. Can you tell where else you're hurt?"
I put my hands on my waist, kind of reminding me of my own mother.

"I think they f***ed my back." He pressed his hand against his side.
"Why would they do that to you? It's so cynical, I mean you didn't even hurt him-"

I noticed the way he looked down in what appeared to be shame.

"No, no, no, no, no. Tell me that you didn't physically assault your boss.
Come on, Jungkook. Tell me that you didn't." I sighed, leaning my body against the sink.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I had just been having a really, really sucky day. I honestly don't know what came over me but in that moment, I lost all control
First second, I am about to walk out the door. The next second, he is laying on the floor, writhing around like a little worm."

I let out a deep sigh, "You're an idiot, you know that?" I lightly slapped the back of his head as a form of punishment.

"I know, I know." He sighed tiredly as he shook his head.

"I thought you were better than to just punch a guy right in his face, Jungkook,"

I slowly fished out a cleaning wipe from the aid kid.

He winced as I touched his handsome face with the wipe.
As the dirt from his face disappeared, I told him, "If your back is hurting that much, you should probably go to the hospital instead of being here."

"And tell them that I lost in fight, never."
He scoffed.

"You have a lot of pride if I'm guessing correctly right." I pressed harder against the scar on his forehead and he let out a pained wince.

"I do not have a lot of pride, I just want to admit that I lost, that's not pride."

"That's exactly what being prideful means. Admitting you have a lot pride isn't necessarily a bad thing, I mean in small amounts."

"I guess you're kind of right. I just don't want to seem weak, especially in front of my kids, and what if people found out that I was in fight? They might end up taking away my kids."

I looked down on the greyish tiles.
"Wow... you really seem to care for your kids, as in a lot. My dad didn't really care for my mom and I..." I clenched my hands around the disinfectant bottle, slowly feeling the tears dwell in my eyes.

"You know we don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." He carefully caressed my forearm as if I would break if he touched too hard.

"I love you, Y/N. I'd never hurt you in any situation." He sqeezed my arm lightly but reassuringly.

"I know."

---

"Does it still hurt? Your back." I put my hand on his back as we sat on the grey couch.

"Not as much as before but still, it hurts a lot." He massaged his back.

"I still think you should go to the hospital. Who knows what could be wrong with it." I explained.

It shocked me when he suddenly put his forehead against mine.

I tried looking away from him but I couldn't, I just couldn't.

I felt his hot breath my lips as he leaned in.

"Can I kiss you?"