The Hero

Victor Kingston pov

I close the register and get up, tired and sleepy.
My eyes land on my Rolex watch.

2:40 pm

Shit man. I really got late today. Picking up my jacket from behind my seat,I loosely hand it on my shoulder and exit the room. Switching of the lights.

The bar was almost empty, the cleaning staff has arrived and they were doing their work.
Seeing me,they bow in acknowledgement and I nod at them.

My phone rang in my pocket and I already knew who it was.
I was really late, the girl must be waiting for quite some time.

"Vic! When are you coming? I am bored sitting here since last 2 hours."

"I am on my way babe , just few minutes more."

I say looking around when my eyes caught something.
The red dress made me stop as I stared at the bar counter.

What the hell? She still hasn't left?

I turn around to see her head laying on the counter,body ready to fall from the seat any second.
The bartender was pleading with her,while she just dismissed him with her hands,asking him to let her sleep peacefully.

Oh man! Not again.

He sighs.

"Vic? Are you listening?"

" Stel...I will call you later.Bye"

"But-"

I ended the call and made my way towards the bar counter.
Her body was just going to fall down when I take two long strides and hold her shoulders balancing her.

She looks up at me confused and then recognition flooded through her eyes. Smiling at me widely ,she nearly turns around and throws her body at me.

"My hero! You are here to save me?"

She slurrs and I look up at the bartender. He bows in fear.

"Sir Victor."

"What is the meaning of this?"

"My apologies Sir. But this Madame here kept asking for more. I tried but she was persistent."

I look down at her, unfolding her arms from around my neck .
She looks up at me smiling and it was taking everything in me to not scold her here for this stupidness.

"You may leave."

"But Sir you? If you say I can get her a cab and-"

"Just leave"
I order as he nods and scurries away.
Leaving this big trouble hanging in my arms,like literally.

I sigh, making her sit but her body kept swaying from one side to another.

"How many glasses did you have?"

I ask and she narrows her eyes at me. Pointing her finger at herself.

"Me? I don't drink.However I did drink that throat burning thing...it was bad...but I felt good. It helped...me forget...it was good ..so good....where did it go...yes here!"

She exclaims with a child's excitement as she spotted the bottle on the bar counter and grabs it.
I stop her taking the bottle from her grip and she whines like a nursery kid.

I was already having a headache and now this.
Oh God please save me from this girl today.

"Give it....you beautiful specimen....give it back to me!"

I hold her wrists in my grip. Trying to put some sense in her.

"Stop it woman! Are you stupid or what? Getting drunk in an unknown place to this extent?"