Trapped

He was too close and it was too silent. The red light has stopped blinking. But the elevator showed no signs of moving.

I was feeling suffocated.

First in this elevator and then in his embrace.

I didn't want to let him see me cry. These tears are considered to be a weakness and I was anything but weak.

Staying still, with his arms locked in front of my waist and his chest pressed to my back.

I speak calmly while clenching my fists. Making sure my voice doesn't waver.

" Let me go Mr Kingston."

The silence prolonged. With him doing nothing to respond. And when I was going to repeat my words,  I felt his chin dip in my neck .

His grey eyes catch my widened  teary brown ones in the mirror and I lower my eyes immediately.

His hot breath trails my neck making goosebumps to appear on my skin, sniffing my hair he speaks lowly in my ear.And I freeze

" Did I make you cry, Princess?"

My heart beats out of my chest at his words and involuntarily more tears sting my eyes.

Did he follow me for this? To make fun of my pains? To micj my tears.

Grinding my teeth. I seethe at him with redefined anger.

" What do you want Mr Kingston? Just let me go!"

I thrash this time and he only tightens his grip around me more. Rubbing his nose up and down my jawline.

He seemed to be struggling himself.

His breaths uneven.

" It's late. Let me drop you."

"I won't be able to sleep till I know you are safe and taken care of."

I scoff at his words in disbelief. Is he serious?Looking at his face through the mirror in the elevator I speak while rolling my eyes.

" Last I checked you are not my Dad Mr Kingston."

" Let go! Now!"

His jaw hardened and a strange darkness stormed in his eyes. Gulping, I feel my hands sweating.

If there was anyone in my place, I bet they would have pissed in their pants.

The man looked hell scary.

" Don't meddle with my devils Ms Rose. I can bet an angel like you won't be able to handle even a tinge of them."

Clenching my fist and lifting up my head. I reply with a coldness matching his.

" I never said I was an angel ,Mr Kingston."

And with this I put to use the 4 years of combat I learned for self defence. Gripping his wrists, I climb two steps up the wall of the elevator to push him back. Breaking free of his grip.

His back hits the elevator door behind, not expecting this. And I get back on my feet to turn the tables.

Placing my elbow near his throat,I pin him to the wall this time.

He stared at me blankly, no expression decipherable.

And even I thought he will look scared. He instead smirks at me.

His eyes trailing lower to stare at my lips that were opening and closing, owing to my uneven breaths .

And I feel a strange twist in my belly.