Lion's den

Rose's pov

*Honk*

*Honk*

*Honk*

Agghhh dammit! Last I checked wasn't blowing the damn horn banned! Why are these people hell bound to ruin my eardrums.

" Move aside women! You are standing in the middle of a road!"

" I can see that moron! Just give me a second!"

I scream back at the man giving me a disgusted look. Holding the handle of the damned bicycle to get down from it.

Walking would have been way better than this.

Why did I even rode this thing?

Oh yah. Because of that iceberg of a man! That cold emotionless arrogant bast- I mean basket!

Shaking my head. I continue to walk on the pavement.Seeing the car drivers passing by giving me weird looks.Speaking something under their breaths.

" What? "

I ask and they just rode off.

To be honest it's not their fault. Imagine a person suddenly stops in the middle of a road.Frozen.

Anyone would think I am suicidal.

But I couldn't help it myself...I hear strange voices when I drive this thing...I see the same image.

The image of a man and a little girl.

Her voice.

" Daddy...I am going to fall.....save me....daddyyy!!!!"

Her falling from the bycycle. His voice calming her.

" Shh my love it's fine. Daddy got you. "

The same image. The same voice. Am I crazy? If you think I am then let me tell you I must be crazy from childhood because I have been seeing this scene since I was barely 7.

What a weird mind.

Ignoring my thoughts I continue to walk. With this additional baggage of this stupid bycycle.

Determined to not bring along this cursed thing again.

Reaching the VK empire building.I finally park it in the bycycle stand. To look down at myself.

My clothes were fully drenched in sweat,my face red and breathing un even.

Ignoring my state, I rush in to get to work. If only I had known that today was no way going to be like it was earlier.

Getting on the bad side of Victor Kingston was going to be my gravest sin.

And today was just going to be a trailer of it.

.
.
.

" Listen you are lat- oh my god girl what happened to you! Here have some water."

Amelia says offering me a glass of water and I gulp it like I have been starved since centuries. I could feel everyone's eyes on me and trust me I have hated this attention more than anything.

" Nothing I am good. Let's get to work."

" Oh okay."

And that's when I hear one of the...you know perfect looking girls gang approach me to look down on me.

I was surprised they were even talking to me.

But how I wished they didn't when they spoke the first sentence.

" Ewww I don't know what's happening to the standard of this place. "

" Sir Victor hates people who are late. Who don't wear proper clothes to office and who break the rules."