His way

"Victor?"

I whip around to look into his brooding eyes in horror but his gaze doesn't move away from the scar on my chest. Slowly he starts stepping closer and I gulp to step back.

" What are you doing here? How did you enter!"

" Name Rosebud. Give me his fuc*ing name."

The authority in his voice made my knees go weak for a second. Avoiding his eyes and clenching my jaw ,I
fumble with my shirt buttons. Struggling to close them and hide the scar.

When suddenly an iron grip clasps around my wrists and next I know I am pushed back on the mirror. Making all the things on the dressing table to come crashing down.

My wrists lock above my head in a dead lock and his dark eyes lift up from my chest for the first time.

A strange darkness swirls in them.

Something I have never encountered before.

My silence made him lean more closer to me, till his rock chest presses against my full heaving one. My breath gets clogged in my throat.

He leans in closer and I hold my breath to close my eyes. I can't do this right now. I am drained. No matter what he does, I won't be a fool to give in.

He doesn't say anything and nor did I.

Our heavy breaths were the only sound audible when I felt his forehead pressing against mine. His hot breath fans my lips.

" I never loved myself  Rosebud. But..."

His nose slides against mine tenderly and I struggle to not look into his eyes. My thudding heart ready to leap out of my chest.

" If these scars are from that night 5 years back...."

He dips his face lower to press our foreheads together.

" I don't think I will ever hate a man more than myself, Rosebud.  "

My fists pinned above my head clench. My head rubs against the mirror and my mind loses its brain cells.

That night.

The night that changed my life completely.

A mere reminder of that night had my heart racing and a familiar heaviness to claw my chest, no. It can't happen right now. Not in front of him dammit!

The mere reminder of a panic attack had me panic more. I start sweating and my breaths turn shallow but before the clawing could worsen and those screams could echo in my ear, a jolt hits my core and I felt my body set on fire.

I look down astounded to find his head dipped in my chest,  those soft lips place a kiss on the scar on my chest, like they are the most beautiful thing in the world.

And then another.

And another.

My clenched palms un clench and I breathe heavily, hating yet loving this like a moth loves to burn in flames.

His lips leave a trail of fire behind.

The cells which have been long frozen, shiver to thaw back to life.

No.

I can't feel this way. I need to stop. I need to push him back. But my limbs were useless right now.

" Vi...Victor"

I breathe his name , to only have him kiss my scars more passionately. Each kiss, costing the previous one. Trying to heal what has long been lost.