It must be destiny?

Victor's pov

We were waiting outside the room. When the door opens and the doctor walks out.

She stares at me to nod.

" It's over 4 months now. The baby seems fine."

" I have collected the blood samples. It will take 48 hours for the result."

" Thank you doctor."

" There are some formalities -"

I nod at Theodore and he understood. Theo walks the doctor out, leaving just me and Rose alone.

An uncomfortable silence stretches between us and I hated it.

I just couldn't stop myself.

I have so many questions to ask her. But I don't know from where to start.

Staring at her leaning figure on the wall. I gulp to steps closer to her.

" Ros-"

I had just taken one step further when she pushes herself up on her feet. Ignoring me completely.

Not even once looking at me.

Turning her back on me ,she pushes open the door to the room in which her sister was.

And I feel something pierce right through me.

Fuc*

I curse. Slamming my clenched fists on the wall. I have never felt so irked before. Talking to her itself felt like a task.

She was so near yet so far.

What happened to you Rosebud?

A few minutes later both sisters stepped out. Picking up their bags, ready to leave.

" The dinner is ready. It would be great if you guys-"

My words are interrupted by her curt reply . Again. And I grit my teeth.

Trying to ignore her disrespect. Trying to stop my fuc*ing heart from beating so fast for this woman.

" I have somewhere to be. Our work is done here. "

" Contact me when the results are out."

" Come Rain."

Her words left no end for negotiation or discussions. Not even once she met my eyes.

And next I know she is gone, swaying her full assets. Leaving me as a longing mess.

" Damn her sister. It should be a punishable crime to be so rude."

" Who does she think she is? "

Theodore says coming beside me and I run my fingers through my hair.

Turning around to go back to my room.

Her thoughts don't leave me alone even for a second.

Late for what? It's 9 already. What work ? Could she be working as a...no. Could she be seeing someone?

Dammit! What's even wrong with her?

Not able to keep my turbulent mind at peace. I pick up the car keys.

" Hey bro? Where?"

" Tell me her address."

" Whose addresses? What's wrong with you? "

" The girl...Rain. Her address."

" But what happened.."

" Stop questioning me Theo. Just tell me where they live."