The Hero

" Hello?"

He asks again, sighing. Bored and I gulp. Taking deep breaths. Seeing the men getting out of the car. Approaching the door.

Shit! Not this now!

" I swear if this a prank call I am going to personally track you and beat the shit out of you for ruining my sleep!"

He warns ,his voice going dark suddenly and I speak up immediately. My voice trembling and low.

" It's me! I...need your help. Please don't end the call!"

The line goes silent on the other side and I clench the phone tightly in my hands. Breathing heavily to feel another churning in my stomach.

Tears stinging my eyes. Don't tell me he doesn't even remember me?

It's been almost 2 weeks.

" I...we..we met few days ago. I came to your company for the interview...you...you offered me a jo-"

" What happened princess?"

He interrupts me. His voice suddenly went gentle. And I gulp.

" Mr Kingston I...I...am at a pharmacy. There are men outside they...they were eve teasing me ...I couldn't think of anything else...I...I came in  here...they are not leaving...I don't know what to do..."

I say. In just one breath. Closing my eyes.To hear shuffling from the other side of the call.

" Where are-"

The call ends in between and I look at the screen in anxiousness.

Shit!

The battery was dead. No... please . No. I continue to try to switch it on to no avail.

Sighing. I let the cell drop from my hands to hold my head in my hands.

Cursing my fate.

Sone really good luck you have Rose. Just great!

Closing my eyes.I just enjoy the serenity of silence. Knowing it was not going to last long.

My thudding heartbeat the only sound audible.
.
.
.

I wished for nothing else but for the time to pass. But who said we get what we wish for.

A roar of thunder echoes outside and the windows of the pharmacy rattle. Gulping. I hear one of the men speak.

" Where did she go? She must be here somewhere."

" I will check there"

Hugging my knees. Hiding under one of the shelves. I try to be as invisible as I can.

Hearing the sound of footsteps behind me.

I gasp as I see one of them just infront of me. His shoes visible. Hearing my voice. He stops right there and I place my palms on my lips.

My chest heaving and eyes tearing.

When again another cramp and churning hit my stomach. And I close my eyes, feeling teardrops wet my palms that were placed on my lips.

No... please...just go... please...

The man doesn't go. Instead his next words made my thudding heart to stop.

" She is here somewhere guys! Search here!'

I see all the men coming closer. And I just concentrate on my breathing. It's fine. We are good. They won't know... it's fine.

" Found her!"

One of them exclaims and I open my eyes. To see blue eyes of one them staring right at me.