Adopted Part two

If you forgot, Adopted is way back in the beginning. 

"Wait, so your telling me that you and Morgana adopted a druid?" Arthur asked, holding his head. Merlin nodded. "Remember that boy we saved? This is him. Me and Morgana cared for him before you came in the picture." 

Arthur thought back, remembering how Morgana had been attached to the boy.

"Are you still in contact with Morgana?" Arthur asked, frowning as he remembered her betrayal. Merlin looked down sadly. "No." Mordred squirmed. "What happened to her?" "She betrayed the throne." Gwen said, kneeling down to face Mordred's height. "She attacked Camelot and took over, nearly killing everyone." 

Mordred's eyes widened. "What? But mom always seemed kind?" He looked up at Merlin who didn't meet his eyes.

"Morgana turned evil after she realized how mean and cruel Camelot was to people with magic." Arthur said, careful not to specify who. "Actually, part of it was that she thought you died." Merlin whispered. "She heard of the druid killings and thought of the worst." He hugged Mordred tightly. "I thought you died as well." 

Mordred paused, an idea forming in his head. "Why don't we just show mom that I'm alive?" He asked, looking around the room. Merlin tilted his head. "That might be enough for her to agree to surrender." The warlock turned to Arthur. "Where did your knights say they saw her last?" Arthur turned around to the map. "Maybe ten miles from here, we could get their quickly on horses." 

Gwaine picked up Mordred, and carried him piggyback style. "What are we waiting for! Let's go get Mommy!"

~~~~

The crew walked through a clearing, The knights having their swords in hand, and Merlin carrying Mordred. Gwen had stayed back in the castle, as did most of the others. What was left was Merlin, Arthur, Gwaine, Percival, Leon, and of course, Mordred.

Spikes of magic suddenly flew out of the darkness, throwing them all to the ground.

"Mom?" Mordred called, the spike an inch from his face. 

The magic quivered. "Mordred?" Morgana asked, stepping from the trees. "Is that you?" 

"Yeah, turns out he's not dead." Merlin groaned, from where he had fell, the spike aimed at his heart. "Thanks for not killing us immediately."

Morgana rushed over, and hugged the druid, before checking his face for injuries. The spikes had fell, and all the knights where getting up,  watching Morgana be motherly with confusion. 

Merlin got up, and stepped closer to Morgana. "Hi."

"Hey." She replied, not letting go of Mordred. 

"Sup." Gwaine added, before he was shushed by Percival.

"So, I think I made a mistake." Morgana said quietly. Merlin nodded. "Yeah I think you did." 

"Morgana, if you surrender now, we could work something out." Arthur said, slowly, like he was calming a wild animal. "You could come back to Camelot with Mordred. Maybe have handcuffs for security sake?" He asked. Morgana looked down at her son. "I'll surrender, if you allow magic to be legal again." Merlin looked to Arthur, waiting for his reaction.

Arthur nodded. "Anything to stop the bloodshed." 

"Well, now there's only one problem." Gwaine said. Everyone turned to him. "I feel there's gonna be a war for godfather rights." 

Arthur scoffed. "A war? Why, you already know it's gonna be me!" 

The group laughed, some of the tension lifted. 

"I always wanted a big family," Mordred said, hugging both of his parents.