Crushes Part two

Gaius watched the warlock, noting the empty look in his eyes.

"We each choose our own paths," The old man said, sitting down next to Merlin. "And we can't change others." 

Merlin shrugged. "I understand, I know I can't change what Morgana wants." 

Gaius tilted his head. "Then why are you sad?"

Merlin looked up at the ceiling. "Sometimes it feels that I'm supposed to be lonely. For the rest of my life." He wiped a tear from his eye. "It feels like everyone I ever loved left me." 

Gaius nudged Merlin. "You still have me." Merlin looked over at him with disgust." Gaius shook his head. "You know what I mean." 

Merlin smiled. "Your an awesome mentor, Gaius." 

Gaius nodded. "I know." As the man stood to leave, he turned to Merlin. "You know, someday everything will work out. You'll find someone." 

Merlin laid back, his head touching the dirty and cold floor. "Maybe." 

Gaius sighed, then went looking in the shelves. When he found what he was looking for, he gave it to Merlin.

"What's this?" Merlin asked, looking at the amber stone.

Gaius smiled. "Just something for when you get sad." 

Merlin eyed the stone, and nearly jumped when it started glowing, and casting images in amber light.

Merlin watched as the stone projected one of his happiest memories. 

"Sometimes, it's good to look into the past, Merlin." Gaius said. "Because then, we won't cry about the future."

He left the room, Merlin still staring up at the images showing smiling faces. 

A/N: I... didn't really know what to do for part two, so here is this thing! Hope it works.