Memories

A special thank you to @itsjustchichi for voting on everything and commenting, and being an awesome human. And thank you to everyone else that supported this book, I thank you all. You all are superhuman. *Clears throat* well, that got sappy quickly. Uh, this is about watching Merlin's memories. The funny thing is it's gonna be from Arthur's POV. Haha.

Arthur felt a foot slam into his face, and he woke with a start. "Finally. Princess is awake." Gwaine said, and Arthur groaned, and sat up as much as he could. "What happened?" Arthur asked, looking at their surroundings.  Leon, Gwaine, Percival, Gwen, and strangely enough, an unconscious Morgana. Gwen sighed. "We where attacked by Morgana, but then everything went dark." She pointed to the witch. "I don't think it was her doing." Arthur hazily looked around, then noticed something. "Where's Merlin?" Everyone looked down. "They took him away, Arthur." Gwen whispered. "They where reaching for you, Arthur, and Merlin wouldn't let them. He... he got on their nerves, so they took him instead." Arthur felt his stomach drop. "Any screams?" He asked. Gwaine nodded grimly. "I counted about ten." Morgana moved, and mumbled something, but no one paid attention. Gwen sobbed. "Arthur." Arthur moved as far as the chains would let him, and hugged his wife. "He's alright." Leon muttered. "He always is."

Footsteps echoed from somewhere, coming closer. Arthur perked up. Maybe they would bring Merlin back. The guards rounded the corner, no Merlin in sight. "Which one's the witch?" One guard barked. They all pointed to Morgana without hesitation. The guards unhooked her, and carried her limp body to the direction they came from. Arthur watched as his sister was taken way, wondering why the guards where doing this. What good what it do?

They sat in silence for a moment, until Morgana's scream pierced the ear.

"Stop! Your hurting her! STOP!" They heard Merlin scream. "He's alive." Gwen whispered.

"STOP!" Merlin roared-And Arthur meant roared

Morgana screamed again.

"STOP! STOP! PLEASE STOP!"

Guards walked over to give the prisoners dinner-or was it lunch?- and their voices could be heard from the corridor.

"Knew he would break. He can't watch one of his own being tortured to the point their powers drain." One mumbled. All the knights pressed their ears to hear more. 

"Or maybe it's cause he fancy's her." Another laughed.

They could almost see the other's shrug. "Either way, he'll break soon."

As if on cue, Merlin shouted out again.

"STOP! STOP! I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT! JUST STOP!" 

Morgana's screamed stopped, and there was a heavy thud. Arthur craned his head, and saw guards dragging an once again unconscious Morgana down the hall. They opened the gate to the cell door, and threw her in. "Witch." One spat.

Morgana groaned, and shifted weakly. Her bloodshot eyes met Arthurs. "What did they do to you?" Arthur asked softly. Morgana opened her mouth, and whispered softly. "Fire." Then her eyes closed, and she dropped, asleep. Gwen wiped tears from her eyes. Gwaine bit his lip, and Leon and Percival scooched to the lock. "Anyone got a hairpin? Gwaine?" Gwen and Gwaine both shook their heads. Arthur sighed. Normally the thought of Gwaine wearing hair pins would make him laugh, but his worry for Merlin took over his humor. 

"Wait! I do have a hairpin!" Gwaine announced, digging in his hair. "Kept it for emergency's." Leon mumbled something that sounded like: "Sounds like Gwaine." Arthur smiled weakly. "Good." Morgana groaned again, reminding them of the bigger problem. "We are not leaving her here." Arthur decided. Gwen nodded. Leon looked unsure, but he unlocked the bars and cuffs, and lifted Morgana over his shoulder. "C'mon." He whispered. Everyone followed him, quietly walking through the halls, trying to get to Merlin. "Half of  us go get him, half of us wait here as back up." Gwen, Leon and Percival nodded at Arthur's orders, and grabbed Morgana to hide. Arthur, Gwaine, and.. That was it. The two nodded at each other. "Let's get Merlin, sire." Gwaine said, not a drop of sarcasm in his voice. Arthur nodded. The proceeded down the hall, when they heard whispering. "I will soon know all your secrets, Merlin." The two signaled at each other, and followed to where the voice was coming from. They rounded a corner and saw a pale figure leaning over Arthur's manservant, a blue stone shining on the floor next to him. Merlin kneeled peacefully, his eyes rolled back in his head. Gwaine shuttered. Arthur took out his sword-the knights had hid it for him-and backed against the wall. Gwaine armed himself with a spare hairpin.

"CHARGE!" Arthur bellowed, and ran out to fight the man. Gwaine sneaked in and picked Merlin up. The man sneered. "You can't defeat me. I am immune to swords." Suddenly he paled as Arthur stabbed him. "No... My one nemesis." He turned, and scowled at Gwaine, who moved behind him and stabbed him with the hairpin. Arthur blinked. "How is that even possible?" He asked. Gwaine shrugged. "He's dead, so it doesn't matter. Let's go!"

----

Arthur awoke in his bed, Gwen smiling up at him. "I really need to stop fainting." He mumbled. Gwen laughed. "You where tired and wounded. I had no problem carrying you." Gwen carried him? Arthur sighed. "How's Morgana?" She smiled. "She's going really well. She has magic-restricting cuffs, but she doesn't seem mad or evil anymore. She's smiling at everyone." Arthur raised his eyebrows. "Huh. How's Merlin." Gwen bit her lip, which Arthur saw as a bad sign. "Gaius said there's only one cure for his curse. We had to wait for you to wake." Arthur ignored the word curse, and responded with, "How long was I asleep?"

"Three days."

----

They all crowded around Merlin's bed, and they each had a finger on his heart. Even Morgana, now nice again. Gaius spoke to all of them. "The second I place the stone on his heart, you will be able to see the memories placed in there. There is no other way. You have to watch them all. Let me warn you, the memories may go fast, or seem blurry. You will have no time to talk about what you seen, keep it to yourself until you are done." Gaius instructed, then picked up the stone that had mysteriously appeared next to Merlin everywhere they moved him. "Here we go." Gwen whispered as Gaius placed the stone on Merlin's heart. The secret warlock screamed, and all of them where transported to his memories.

First the memories where to fast to see, flickering blurs of colors. Morgana groaned, still not fully healed.

Then they slowed down; but still moved fast.

Merlin, being shot, and crumbling, being held by a old woman.

Merlin, chained, struggling as serkets crawled closer.

Merlin, riding on a back of the Great Dragon.

Merlin, tied up in evil Morgana's hovel.

Merlin, standing in the mist. Gaius looks concerned, but a smile lights up on the boys face as he shows a blue heart.

"It's lonely to be more powerful than anyone you know..."

Merlin raising a sword behind Arthur's back.

"And have to live like a shadow."

Merlin pulling Arthur out of a lake.

"I'm just a nobody... and always will be."

Merlin sparring with Morgana.

Morgana's voice cut through the mist. "You tried to poison me."

Merlin and Balinor sitting around a fire.

"I am your son"

The great dragon flying away from Merlin, and an unconscious Arthur and knights.

"How small you are for such a great destiny."

Merlin watching Lancelot step into the veil.

 The memories faded, and they all stared at each other.

"That made absolutely no sense." Gwaine muttered.

"Good." Merlin said, sitting up. "I'm glad."

"Merlin!" Arthur laughed. "Glad to have you back."

Merlin smiled. "Glad that I still have secrets, but I'm glad I'm back to."