Modern AU

Yay it's time for a modern AU!!!

"Why did I ever pick teaching as my major?" Arthur groaned from her bed, lifting his head from his pile of homework so Morgana could see his tired eyes. As she studied her brother, she couldn't help but laugh at the ink stains that printed the word, 'responsible' backwards on his face. "You want some coffee?" Morgana asked him, and when Arthur nodded, she smirked and added, "You can get it yourself." Arthur pouted, and rolled off her bed. "Your mean," he said, picking up his empty cup from the nightstand. "Get me some too!" Morgana yelled after his retreating form. Turning back to her computer, Morgana flipped to another window, and waited for the Camelot wifi to load the site. She and Arthur where the children of Uther Pendragon, the owner of Camelot college. They were expected to study here, given as it lowered the cost of tuition to zero. But the siblings were happy here, Arthur studying to be a professor or dean of Camelot, but it was much more likely that Uther would pass his job to Arthur. Morgana was studying psychology, planning on being a therapist and helping others. Uther didn't agree, but he calmed once he realized she could stay in Camelot and be the school psychiatrist. Morgana frowned at the memory. She was planning getting a job away from family, where she could be more of herself. Because if there was one thing in the world that Uther hated, it was magic. And she was a witch.

The site finally loaded, showing itself to be the magic social media that conspired in Camelot. There weren't many people on the site, a few students here and there, but Morgana still hid her identity, her username being 'the witch' and her face covered in very post. Morgana logged into the group chat, and found that everyone had found the two competitors for Mage of the Year. Her breath caught as she read her name. It had been her dream to win the Mage of the Year award, since the prize was a magic scholarship, completely online, where students could learn the magic banned in Camelot.

Her phone buzzed before she would check the other name, a message from Morgouse saying congrats. Although Morgouse had been expelled from Camelot, she still checked in on the site, and kept in touch with Morgana. Morgouse had wanted Uther to pass his place to Morgana so she could lift the ban on magic, but that would require Arthur being out of the picture, and Morgana could never hurt her brother. "Maybe Arthur could lift the ban." She had said quietly on a phone call with Morgouse. Morgouse had just sighed, and wished her goodnight. It doesn't matter, she thought to herself. I'll be out of here before I know it.

She glanced back at the screen. "I just need to beat the other competitor." She muttered quietly, scrolling down. She scanned through the long speech, and paused. According to the site, the other person was Emrys.

The door opened, and Morgana shut the tab, her eyes starring blankly at the words she printed in her homework. "Wow. You really need this coffee." Arthur said, sliding back in, phone in hand, his hand clicking away at the screen. "You look like you saw a ghost!" In a way, she had. Emrys was a legend, the most powerful sorcerer on Earth, let alone on campus. And she had to compete against him? She was doomed. She took the coffee, and looking down into the dark liquid. Arthur snapped his fingers. "Earth to Morgana!" He shouted, cleaning up his work. "You need to clean up, I invited the crew here." Morgana turned around, nearly spilling the coffee. "The whole group?" She asked, craning her head to see his phone. She was in the chat too, but her phone still had the texts from Morgouse open, and Arthur never missed anything.

Expect that she was in love with his best friend.

"Yup. Everyone. Gwen, Leon, Merlin, luckily not Lancelot he's on vacation-" Arthur caught the look on her face. "I don't hate him, I just hate the fact that he had a crush on Gwen." While Lancelot had moved on, Arthur clearly hadn't. Morgana rolled her eyes. "Everyone had a crush on Gwen. It's a part of being at Camelot."

Arthur crossed his arms. "Not you or Merlin. And Leon"

Morgana bit her lip. "I actually dated Gwen for a while before we became friends. And Merlin and Gwen kissed his first week here." Arthur dropped his phone. "And Leon's aromantic, soo"

Arthur growled, actually growled, and glared at her. Morgana shrugged. "Don't worry, everyone knows you guys are dating now."

The doorbell rang, and Morgana tensed up, listening to the voices that wafted through the open window. There was Gwen's, Leon's, Gwaine's, and Percival's, all of them talking over each other. But there was also Merlin's.

Merlin had came a few years back from a small village to stay with his uncle Gaius, the school's only medical professional working on campus. He had started as Arthur's tutor, and they soon became the best of friends, even if Merlin still tutors Arthur. Merlin was studying in the medical field, which meant he was in some of her classes.

The door opened, and there was the sound of climbing stairs, as well as a soft meow, which meant Merlin brought Kilgharrah with him. Aithusa perked up from her spot on the carpet.

Morgana's door burst open, Gwaine yelling, "SLEEPOVER!" and throwing his stuff on the ground. Morgana looked over at Arthur. "Yeah, it's a sleepover." He said, trying, and failing, to hide the fact that he was in his boxers, the ones with the gold crowns on them. "You guys are here early." Merlin snorted, and Gwen looked away.

After all the chaos calmed down, and Arthur got some pants on, they all settled downstairs, blankets all thrown in the living room in a style that resembled a swamp, and they got snacks and turned on the tv with the volume low, so they could talk over it. They didn't get to meet friends like this very often, with Leon studying law, and Gwaine and Percival studying Algaculture. They all cuddled up, though some seats had to be moved after Gwaine and Percival decided to make out every time someone on screen said the word 'apple', which was funnier then the movie itself.

Elyan had to be moved, since his seat was between the two love birds, and when he saw how close Gwen was to Arthur, he sat between them, which caused Merlin to get closer to Morgana, which caused her to have a miny meltdown. She tried to focus on the movie, but she couldn't with him so close to her.

Soon the movie ended, and Morgana realized she was the last one awake. Gwaine and Percival had fell asleep their lips inches apart, Arthur and Gwen had shoved Elyan to the floor before cuddling up, Leon layed on the top like a cat, with Aithusa and Kilgharrah curled up on top of him. Merlin had his head on her shoulder, which was kind of awkward since she was shorter then him, but it worked. Morgana turned off the tv, and opened up the magic site, scrolling through the challenge rules again. They had to enchant Uther to do something publicly, and while that sent a thrill of glee through Morgana, she was worried about the spell she was planning to cast. It was a big one, and Morgana didn't know whether she could do it alone. The rules said that if the contestants worked together, they could split the prize, but Morgana didn't want to ask some stranger for help, and Emrys probably won't even want to help her.

"What are you planning on doing?" Merlin's voice shocked her, and she dropped her phone on the carpet. Merlin already knew of her magic, so she wasn't worried. She sighed. "Merlin you scared me!" He smiled. "I could help you, if you want." Morgana shook her head. "You don't know anything about magic!" Merlin bit his lip. "You would be surprised." Morgana picked up her phone, confused. "What? Do you have magic?" Merlin nodded, and conjured a flower with nothing but gold eyes, and tucked it behind her hair. "Why didn't you tell me?" Morgana asked, trying to ignore the fact that he had given her a flower. "I was worried about what you would say. I know you have some sort of a grudge against Emrys." Emrys. "What, no I don't-" she paused. "Are you Emrys?" He looked down. "Yeah." Morgana blinked, thinking through every interaction she ever had with Merlin. It made sense. "I was planning on reaching out." Merlin started, "I wanted to do the final challenge with you." He looked at her, eyes shimmering. "I was thinking we could study magic together." Morgana nodded. "I would like that. Thank you." Merlin chuckled nervously, and before Morgana knew what she was doing, she leaned over and kissed him.

CAMELOT NEWS: Uther Pendragon, founder and ruler of Camelot college has been recorded doing a 5 hour long dance that witnesses can only describe as, "traumatizing" This dance included butt swaying and spanking, according to crying students.

I found out I can't write romantic scenes lol. Hope you guys have a good day!!!! :)