Memories Part Two

Gwen cleared her throat. "Can we talk about those memories?" She whispered. Merlin sighed, then nodded. "Guess we have to." He looked around for Gaius, but the old man had slipped out. 

"The first one?" Gwaine asked quietly. "You where shot." Merlin nodded. "Uh, I was visiting someone. They helped me... survive the bandits." Merlin lied. They all nodded, and he sighed in relief. 

"The serkets? Where you hit?" Arthur asked. Morgana flinched, remembering the memory. She was curious to see how he escaped. "A... friend untied me, and healed my wound." Merlin said, as truthfully as possible. "What you where hit? No one survives a serket sting." Morgana butt in. Merlin smiled kindly at her. "I remember seeing your shocked face when I walked beside Arthur." Leon blinked. "Wait; Morgana chained you up?" "Morgana and Morgouse." Arthur bit his lip and glared at Morgana. "Sorry." She mumbled.

Gwen cleared her throat. "What about the next memory; you where riding the dead great dragon." Merlin winced. No lie could cover that up. "He didn't die; and it turns out saving a life gets you repaid." Merlin lied, not wanting to give up the dragonlord secret. "Huh." Gwaine remarked. "Wait, wait, what? I got Dragonslayer embroidered on every shirt!" Arthur groaned. Percival smiled. 

"When where you tied up?" Arthur asked, sending another glare to Morgana. Merlin met Morgana's and Gwen's eyes. "Fomorroh." He whispered. They both bit they lip. "Let's move on to the next one." Gwen said. "Um, the blue heart?" Merlin sighed, glad for the subject change. "That was when Cedrick came." Arthur blinked. "And the evil sorcerer possesed him?" Merlin nodded.

"The voice-over?" Gwaine asked. "'It's lonely to be more powerful than anyone you know'?" Merlin groaned. He regretted saying that now. "I... uh, that was back in Ealdor." Merlin lied. The others nodded, eating up the lie.

"Okay, okay. The one where you raised a sword behind my back?" Arthur asked. Merlin looked at Morgana and Gwen again. Gwen cut in. "Uh, why did you have to live like a shadow?" Merlin shrugged. "Servant."

"Okay, when did you pull Princess out the lake?" Gwaine asked. Merlin smiled. "Sophia." Arthur sighed. "Let's move on please."

"Merlin, why would you think your a nobody?'' Percival asked. Merlin once again pointed to himself. "Servant."

Morgana winced, remembering the next memory. "Sorry." She said over to him. "I was an idiot back then." Merlin smiled. "I forgive you." 

"You poisoned Morgana?" Gwen asked. Merlin glowered. "Long story. Sorry." Morgana smiled. "I forgive you. I found out why a while ago." They exchanged a grin. Gwaine cleared his throat. "As much as I love mergana, we need to move on."

"Your Balinor's son?" Arthur almost screamed. Merlin nodded. "Surprise."

Leon cut in before Arthur could strangle Merlin. "I see the fake death is next." Leon observed, and Merlin nodded. Arthur sighed, and calmed down. 

"Who was saying that, Merls?" Gwaine asked next. Merlin bit his lip. "A friend."

"I didn't know you watched that, Merlin." Gwen said, tears in her eyes. Merlin bit his lip. "He was the one who understood me the most."

Arthur sighed, and looked down at the glowing stone, expecting it to be normal, like Gaius said it would be. Instead, it had a glowing sliver of blue left. "We have one more memory." Arthur said. All the knights perked up, and Merlin groaned. They all placed a finger on it, and the images reappeared. 

"Some say he's the most powerful sorcerer to ever walk the earth." Gaius voice cut through, and the images  disappeared. 

"That's weird." Merlin said to himself. "I never heard Gaius say that before."

Morgana looked to Merlin in shock.

Gwen realized a moment later.

Leon and Percival exchanged glances of knowing.

Gwaine gasped and covered his mouth.

Arthur gasped.

Merlin pretended to choke. "I'm dying! You can't kill me!"

Arthur blinked. "Don't worry Merlin, I'll honor your death by making magic legal."

Merlin opened his eyes. "What."

Arthur hugged his manservant. "Your alive! It's a miracle!"

Morgana groaned. "All hail the prat; the dumbest of us all."