Tattoo Part Two

"What the..."

Everyone stared as Merlin put back his shirt on, not meeting their eyes. 

"So... Who wins?" He desperately tried to change the subject. Gwaine, still staring into space, said, "You." Merlin winced. "I thought Percival won..." Arthur snapped.

"How? How Merlin? Gwen, random girl named Freya, and worse of all, Morgana?

"Random girl?"

Oops.

"Arthur Pendragon, I have stuck by your side through all your problems. I get no thank you for everything I've done! I'll I get are the death's of my friends, or maybe on lucky days, a thank you. But not from you, from Gaius, or the druids. Or even the dragon, and he almost never says thank you! All I get when I return from almost dying, is 'Muck out my horses Merlin.' or 'Were where you Merlin, my chambers are a mess!' Like I don't have problems to! Like I don't have a social life, though I might not soon enough, seeing that you married Gwen, killed Freya, and hate Morgana."

Merlin stomped off, leaving the knights staring where he had been.

"Did you guys hear that as well?" 

Leon got his question answered when Gwaine tackled Arthur.

"OW! Gwaine! Stop punching me!" 

Lancelot sneaked behind the knights, and raced towards where Merlin had headed.

Only Gwaine noticed his absence, and he was too busy punching the life force out of Arthur.

________________________________________________________________________________

"You okay?"

Merlin looked up to see Lancelot sit besides him. 

"How much did I give away? I kinda lost track."

"Nothing too important. But you didn't answer my question."

"Fine. I'm just upset that the prat didn't notice others have a life too." Merlin sighed and tossed a pebble into the lake he sat by. It reminded him of the lake he buried Freya. It didn't help the mood. 

"Sometimes I know it's my fault Arthur's nasty to magic."

Lancelot looked at his friend and laughed. "You?"

Merlin turned to face him, and his eye's where full of guilt.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Where's Lancelot?" Arthur stopped fighting and looked around. 

"Oh, he went after Merlin."

The knights looked at each other. Lancelot wasn't surprised when they saw his tattoo's, and when Merlin ranted, Lancelot seemed to understand the jumble of words that came from his mouth. Following the trail, they reached the spot where the two friends where, only to be met by a crying Merlin, and a comforting Lancelot. "It's my fault." Merlin kept whispering. Lancelot hugged the boy tighter. The knights (and king) hid behind the trees, not wanting to interrupt the private moment. "No, no. Merlin, It's not your fault. Arthur will understand." Merlin laughed harshly. "Pretty sure King Prat won't listen to the person that killed the king." Arthur felt like he had been stabbed. What? "I'm so guilty, Lancelot. I am the reason Morgana is out there now, trying to kill the king. I'm the reason Kilgharrah killed innocents, I'm the reason Aithusa healed Morgana with her dragon healing powers. It's my fault." Merlin sobbed. Lancelot replied, "Merlin, you also done good things as well. You made Arthur killed. You saved us all when the immortal army attacked, you saved people time and time again, and they don't know it. You should be laughing at their stupidity, but their laughing at your fake one. You should be ruling over them, but their ruling over you. Merlin, you still smile and laugh, even though you are the most powerful, and no one knows it! Merlin, you are good. Without a doubt." The knights behind the tree's however, had a doubt. 

"I need a break." Merlin said softly. "The king of Camelot thinks I'm an idiot, and yet he still spy's on me." He turned to the knights, who all started to stutter. "We... we-we where um..." Merlin just smiled. "Bathroom?" They all nodded. Merlin turned to Lancelot, and rolled his eyes at their stupidity. "I'm going to make some dinner." He just said, walking away. The knights acted all sweet, but when Merlin left, they turned to Lancelot. "What the heck?" Lancelot sighed. It was his turn.  

___________________________________________________________________________

Someone asked me to do a part two of this, so.... sorry if it sucks.