Prologue

28 years ago
School Road, Shanghai, China
22:38

It was a dim, rainy night. Even yesterday, there was zero prospect of rain. After a long time, it started raining massively. The rain looks beautiful in this Shanghai city. Well-heeled people were savoring this day, staying at their garden houses, sipping wine, chit-chatting with their beloved ones, their family while having steaks and dinner dates. While the poor were deteriorating. Many had crummy houses which were getting absorbed because of the cold, heartless rain the almighty pouring on the earth's façade. Many areas were flooded underwater. Poor children were playing in the drizzle, their mothers were scolding them and cautioning them about the cold, but who listens?  The streets were occupied by individual cars, being one of the busiest cities of China.

And there was a woman, to be specific. A pregnant lady was walking along the footpath, holding her 7-month-old baby bump while her other hand tried to shield herself from the cruel cold rain. Life hasn't been in her favor lately. She used to relish the rain even last year. Now it's the last thing she'd ever like.

She was coming back from work. Though she's pregnant now and supposed to be on maternity leave, being a lone mother, she had the urge to feed herself, feed the living human inside her. So, she chose to work now, though it wasn't the best choice for her child and her health, at 7 months of pregnancy.

While walking with a bigger step, her foot slipped on the mud, causing her to fall on the street. She winced in pain as she felt a sharp pain tickling her abdomen. She cried. The busy passers gave her a look of pity before leaving, minding their own business as everyone had their own business to mind. One was compassionate enough to call an ambulance.

As the person called an ambulance, it reached the car. They took her to a nearby hospital. After giving her some primary hospitalization, they shifted her to the labor ward since she was not on good terms. She started fighting for the child there, screaming at the top of her lungs while scratching the bed sheet. But nobody was there to hold her hand or give her a genuine smile. Tell her, "it's okay, you can do it,"

The  Night club
23:12

"Give me one more shot," the man, displaying suits and ties, says as he escorts the bartender. He sat on one of the tools and crossed his legs.  He took out the lighter from his pocket and lightened his cigarettes. Taking a puff from it, he freed the toxic smoke while examining all the girls who were dancing on the dance floor. He let out a grin of amusement as he observed how they were dancing wearing such clothes. The bartender amiably gave him his shot. He took a sip then a smoke while eying at the hot girls out there, applauding their elegance.

"Human women are hotter than demon women," Jong SUK's consideration shifted to the right side, only to find his best friend, Logan there, lighting his cigarette.

"It's such a waste that those beauties will die after 60-70 years. They are the ones who should be indestructible, not those Granny demons, women" Logan says while eyeing at jong. Jong Suk rolled his eyes. 

"Just change your woman within 20 years, game win," Jong Suk suggests.

"Well, I am not a playboy, unlike you," Logan says. 

"I am not a boring man unlike you," Jong Suk replied to him, mimicking Logan's voice.

"Huh, I am loyal to my wife," Logan says. "Unlike you," he said.

"Wife or granny?" Jong-suk jokes. Logan rolled his eyes.

"How is trade going with your dad?" Logan changes the topic to avoid this undesirable topic.

"Nothing much to be honest," he says.

"Isn't it the time for y/n to be delivered?" Logan asks to talk about something.