3

The next morning, I woke up belatedly. It's 8 am. I went out of my room and discovered my dad sleeping in an armchair. I settled a blanket over him.

He is the only one I have in this world.

I went downstairs by taking the wooden stairs. I moved to the kitchen and made some food for breakfast for both of us.

I eat my food and place my dad's food beside his arm chair where a table is kept. Then I got out of the house to get some fresh air and to explore the neighborhood.

I came back to Seoul a week ago from Washington. I was a doctor there and transferred here as my father's care taker informed me about his condition. So I came back here.

I spent my childhood in France. My father was a writer and my mom was an artist. My mom is French. Then, after my mom died, my dad had to face some mental illness. Then we moved here, my grandmother lived here. But I didn't stay here too long. After middle school, I went to Washington to get a better level of study.

I initiated ambling along this narrow road alone, keeping my cell phone in my hand. Because of that night, my phone's display broke.

I need to purchase a new phone.

I started walking while peering around. In this forest, no wild animals live. Just normal rabbits, wild cats or some other small creatures.

"Y/n, where are you going?" I turn behind and saw the care giver, Minoo aunt,

She is our housemaid and father's caretaker. She served my grandparents too.

"Just exploring here and there," I announce, looking at her.

"No need to go into the forest, come back home," she asserts from the 1st floor balcony.

"It's okay, aunt," I say as I walk home.

"We ran out of groceries. Can you purchase them for me? I have to vacuum the house," she says.

"Okay, give me the list," I say

She gave me a list. I went to the garage and took the car. It's kind of old, but okay,

I sold my car in Washington. I need to buy a new one here,"

I started the engine and went to town. In this area, there are not any grocery centers or supermarkets, just normal convenience stores beside petrol stations.

I went to the supermarket. I started getting my things.

"Y/n?" I glance at the person.

"Mr. Lee?" I inquired about him, stunned.

"No need to call me that. Just call me Jong suk. What are you doing here?"

"Just getting some groceries," I say and take them in my cart.

"Do you live nearby?" He asked me.

"Not nearby, but not too far away," I say, while getting my things.

"Let me help you," he starts helping me get them.

"Are you free now? We can have some drinks if you like,"

"Yes, I am free now," I say immediately. Not wanting to lose the opportunity. He is too good looking to be rejected.

"Okay, then let's go,"

He takes me to a coffee shop nearby. We had some coffee and cookies together.

He seems nice!

"It was amusing to meet you," he beams in front of the coffee shop where we will be parting ways.