16

As Lee leaves the Hades of the moon where human is unable to reach, he quickly returns his home by his supernatural demonic power, teleportation. He looks at his wrist watch. Its 7:30 pm. Without wasting anytime, he rushes to the hospital with his feet.

As he reaches in front of the hospital, he sees y/n walking to the garage to take her car. He runs to her.

"What brings you Dr. Lee-" he cuts her off by hugging her.
"What are you doing Dr. Lee?" Y/n mumbles.
"Let's stay like this for a while," he says.
"But-" "Sshhh," Lee jong suk stops her as he tightens the hug.

But y/n furrows her eyebrows as she feels something is not right. Especially with the hug. It feels really weird.
It doesn't have the warmth she seeks for. It doesn't feel comfortable. It doesn't feel safe.

"let go of me, Dr. Lee," y/n says gritting her teeth. Her uncomfortableness wins over her kind behavior.
Lee Jong Suk quickly lets go of her as he notices the harshness of her voice which is unlike her.

"What's wrong?" Lee Jong Suk asks caught of guard.
"Can't you understand that you are making me feel uncomfortable?" Y/n says while harshly gritting her teeth. God knows from where her anger is coming from. But surely she is terribly angry.

Your pov

After I finished my shift, I changed my usual clothes and leave the buildings. I was heading to the hospital staff's parking lot to get my car but I saw Lee Jong Suk runs here. As I know that his shift is already finished at the noon so it made me wonder what brings him here.

"What brings you Dr. Lee-" he cuts me off by hugging me.
"What are you doing Dr. Lee?" I mumble as he didn't try to touch me anytime in the past.
"Let's stay like this for a while," he says.

"But-" "Sshhh," Lee jong suk stops me as he tightens the hug.
But I furrows my eyebrows. something is definitely not right. Especially with the hug. It feels really weird.

It doesn't have the warmth. It doesn't feel comfortable. It doesn't feel safe.
"let go of me, Dr. Lee," I say gritting my teeth.

Lee Jong Suk quickly lets go of me.
"What's wrong?" Lee Jong Suk asks caught of guard.

"Can't you understand that you are making me feel uncomfortable?" I says while harshly gritting my teeth. God knows from where the anger is coming from. But surely I am feeling terribly angry.

I got surprised by my behavior too. It's nothing new for me to hug guys. It's a part of American culture where I passed most of my academic years. I hugged many boys as greeting but nobody made me feel this uncomfortable.

"I am sorry," he bows and apologizes.
"Cut the crap now," I say.

"Hmm?" He asks.
"Why did you hug me?"
"Sorry," he bows again.
"I forgave you. I need to go home now," I say and I was leaving but he stops me by grabbing my hand.
"I missed you,"
He says.

"Why though? We met today on the reception," I ask furrowing my brows.
"I think I made it pretty clear," he says looking at the ground,
"Clear what?" I ask again.
"Ummm are you really asking me?" He says and looks at me.
"Listen, Dr. Lee, I don't really care if I sound rude or not but I am really tired. Today was a tough day for me. I want to go home badly. I don't have anytime to play with you. If you want to say something say it directly. My mind is too blank to take these hints inside," I say.

"Then.... I will tell it some other time when you will be free," he says softly, pressing his lips in to a thin line. He turns his back to leave again. But he stops.

"Again, sorry for making you feel uncomfortable," he bows again and leaves.

Was I too harsh?
I didn't bother to rethink as I go to the parking lot. I start the engine and reach my house. I park my car and knock the door. The door opens.
"How come are you still here?" I ask irritated as I saw the person who opened the door for me just now.
It's Taehyung.
"Your father proposed me to stay," he smiles.

"This is not how you should behave," I hear dad's voice from in. I walk to him and saw he is drinking coffee.
He looks even refreshed.

"Dad, what are you drinking?"
"Coffee, Taehyung made me some. He is really sweet. You should start dating him. He is one in a million" my dad giggles. "Correction: one in a billion," I hear Taehyung mumbles.

"Aah, dad. Why you always want me to get married? Don't you want me near you?"
"It's not it, y/n. You should start dating now. You will be 29 soon. You can't be forever alone," he says.

He remembers my birthday!
That's unlike him. I don't know the reason behind his improvement but I am glad to it.
"I will marry soon. Don't worry," I say. I walk to my room. I locked the door and go to my washroom. I turn on the cold shower without even removing my clothes
I sat on the wet floor and hug my knees. I rest my chin on top of my knees.
A tear releases from my eyes as I recalled what happened earlier.

Flashback
"Dr. Nam, we are unable to track her heart beats," nurse moo says to me,

"Give hand me electric cardiovascular," I say.
She hands me.
"Set 40 Jules," I say apply the oil on it. As she set the 40 Jules, I press it against this baby's chest.
No heartbeat.
"50 Jules," I say and apply the oil on cardiovascular metal surface. I press it again on her small chest.
Still no heartbeat.
"Dr. Nam, what should we do? Her heart still not beating," Nurse Moo cries.
"Stop distracting and set it at 60 Jules," I shout at her.
She nods.
I press it again.
No heartbeat.
"Sunbae, (Miss) it's been nine minutes. I don't think she will make it. Her tumor was dangerous. She was in the last stage," an intern doctor says from behind.
I look at the time. 9 minutes have been passed. She is not awake yet. I fell on my knees, on the hospital floor. Those smile flashes in my mind. This is not right. She is only 7. She is too young to die. She has a lot of things to see.  This kid was good in the afternoon. We even chatted.
Why this happened? That's why I was in a bad mood all the time.
End of flashback

"I am sorry, Kid. I was unable to save you," I cried while mumbling.
"Why are you crying here? It's not a good place to cry," I look up and saw Taehyung, standing in front of me, leaning his back against the tiled wall of the bathroom.
I wide my eyes as I saw him. I remember locking my door.
"Why are you here?" I yell at him and start splashing water.
What a pervert!
"Your neck was glowing," he says.
I look at my shoulder. A green shade of light is coming out.
It was golden back then.
"Then why did you come inside a locked-" he kneels down and hugs me.
"Don't cry," he softly says.
"How you-" "I know everything, y/n. If I don't have this power then why I called vampire?" He says and increases the tightness of the hug.
I didn't ask further, just stay like this. The heart inside my chest is trying too hard to get outside. It's beating lime crazy.
"You know toda-" "I know," he says and removes the hug. He looks deep in to my eyes.
His eyes sparkles.
Drips of the water is running down from his hair as the shower water is wetting him too.
"It's okay, it wasn't your fault, y/n ah, don't blame yourself. You tried your best," he says without breaking eye contact.
"It still hurts,"
"It's okay. It's okay to get hurt. It's okay to cry," he says and takes me in his chest, wrapping his arms around my tiny figure.
It feels euphoric. His scent has something which is calming my nerve. The green light is disappearing from my neck. Suddenly it felt so safe. His aroma, his hot breath which is hitting my ear, the soft pat on my back. And especially the harmony of his heartbeat. It's calming me.
Wait,
Now I realized why Lee jong suk's hug made me feel weird.
I didn't feel his heartbeat against mine.