Chapter Six

Before acting on her plans, Maya managed to clean up the apartment for that night's date. The walls living room walls were painted a seafoam green, matching the brown leather couch set quite nicely as well as the forty inch flat screen HDTV with surround sound. There was also the marine's guilty pleasure hooked up to the screen, that being her playstation four with multiple games beside it, and of course her Netflix and Spotify Accounts were linked to it as well. After arranging the pillows the way she wanted, she made her way to the bathroom next. This consisted of cleaning the shower (just in case) and putting her toiletries away. The washroom was painted in a sandy beige colour that matched Maya's blandness, also the fall themed shower curtain and rusty coloured hand towels.

She enjoyed decorating her home more than she cared to admit. There were paintings all around the place, including her bedroom which happened to be next on her list. While walking into her sanctuary her precious bundle of fluff finally made an appearance as his head popped up from the bed where he laid on his designated blanket.

"Hey buddy what are you up to?" The marine coed at the puppy who was now sitting up and wagging his tail at the sight of his human. She took a seat beside him on the already made bed and scooped him up in her arms for a quick cuddle before she finished up her work and went out. Maya's 'space' was painted brick red, with a plaid duvet to match. However, one wall was a city scape she had painted on it herself. The merging of the colours and the precision in her technique was evident in the piece, and looking at it in that moment it pained her that she hadn't picked up a paintbrush since.

There was a time where you wouldn't see the blonde-haired girl without a little bit of paint on her hands from a project she'd been working on, sometimes it even ended up on her face. But now, being so engrossed in her work she never seemed to notice. Truth be told every painting that was around the apartment was indeed her own. Everything from abstract to one she held near and dear to her heart. The one that rested on the wall to the left of her bed. It had been a somewhat abstract painting of a woman from behind, nude, but the colours shown on the skin represented bruises, emotional scarring, also the strength displayed in the muscular toning in the back and shoulders. It was Maya's most prized piece, she felt connected to it, well of course she did. The amount of emotional turmoil she'd been through in her years was ridiculous. Even so the blue-eyed woman had rarely complained. She sighed and set Enzo down on the floor, then proceeded in tidying up.

Once finished she changed into her favourite pair of dark wash skinny jeans paired with a grey baseball tee with black sleeves, and of course a flannel over top. Grabbing a pair of socks, she sheathed her feet, and continued to the closet in order to grab her hooded leather jacket and combat boots. The lieutenant then checked herself over in the mirror, nodded with contentment, and went to the kitchen once more to grab her wallet and keys.

Although Maya was rarely ever home she still had a vehicle, however last night Andy had insisted on driving so she allowed it considering she was exhausted to begin with. The lieutenant drove a burgundy Ford F150, yes a pickup truck was the light haired woman's choice of vehicle. But she loved it dearly. The sound system was fantastic and she had no trouble when it came to hooking up her own music as well as fitting everyone in it on a night out. When she took her place in the driver's seat she immediately synced her phone to the truck's bluetooth and chose none other then one of her favourite bands, Twenty One Pilots. 'The Run and Go' filled the sound system and Maya was content with herself as she pulled out of the apartment complex's garage.

As she drove she thought of Carina, the brown-eyed girl that had a hold on her that no one ever had before. Wondering what it would be like to wake up next to her on Christmas morning versus a casual day, or what it would be like to wake up next to the smaller women period. Would they fight often if they ever moved in together? Woah, slow down Maya, the lieutenant thought to herself as she pulled into the local Starbucks parking lot. In order to distract her mind, she insisted on parking and going inside to order instead of being typical and going through the drive through. Giggling at how fast her mind had gone to living with the nursing student, she entered the coffee shop with a smile on her face for once. Since it was a fairly chilly day once again, the line was none existent, also it was four in the afternoon which probably meant everyone was at work. She approached the barista with a famous grin on her face and placed her order.