Chapter Fourteen

Since Andy insisted the five of them had a movie night at least once before Maya was deployed, they now sat in the marine's living room exchanging casual conversation. Carina sat on the loveseat with Enzo curled up into her side, Andy and Travis shared the couch as Vic made herself comfortable on the floor. Meanwhile, the lieutenant was in the kitchen gathering snacks as the other four chose the movie.

Currently, Andy waved around the case of 'The Notebook', Vic held 'Mission Impossible' and 'Bridesmaids' to her chest as she glared at the shortest of the group, Travis forgot to bring his choice but naturally sided with Vic. Finally, Carina got up to rummage through Maya's collection of DVD's, before turning to her friends.

"Why don't we just pick something Maya has here?" She laughed quietly at her unofficial girlfriend's endless shelf of titles.

"We could but, I don't want to end up watching some sex tape you didn't even know you had." Vic shot back before chuckling to herself. And for the second time that week, if looks could kill, Vic would be deceased.

"VICTORIA." Andy whisper yelled and swatted at the taller blonde's shoulder. Was Carina the only one who knew that she hadn't been getting any or did everyone just assume?

"Funny, you do realize we haven't right." The brunette cringed at the thought. Unfortunately, due to the young doctor's schedule and just Maya's overall consideration for boundaries, they hadn't gotten there yet. To say it bothered her wouldn't be correct, however, each time the marine would enter the room it made it harder to keep her composure.

"Right, and Travis hates Beyonce." The Polish-American laughed at the frustration on the doctor's face. She knew that they hadn't been intimate, mostly because if they had, Carina would've turned as red as a tomato at the insinuation.

" Travis hates what?" Maya entered the living room with a large bowl of popcorn and set it on the coffee table before looking to Vic for an answer. "Oh nothing. Mai, can you grab some drinks?" Andy brushed off the subject in the best way she knew how and smiled brightly at the light-haired lieutenant. Carina stood frozen in the corner and turned around completely to make sure Maya couldn't see her face. In all reality the poor thing was embarrassed beyond anything but the marine's outfit made everything worse. Ripped jeans and a regular old white pocket tee. In others eyes the outfit was simple, and to Carina it was simple, but oh so effective.

"Hey baby, what do you want to drink?" Maya's raspy voice chimed in her thoughts as she returned to scanning the shelf.

"I'm not thirsty." Carina answered simply but cursed herself when she heard Vic mutter 'hell yes you are' and laughed.

"Okay, um I'll just grab water for all of us then, sound good?" The lieutenant addressed the two girls and Travis on the couch and smiled back at them after they agreed.

"Maybe you should just do us all a favour and take care of your girl." Vic chuckled after the lieutenant left. And that was it, Carina was now on a mission: kill  Victoria hughes for the sins of a sinful mind.

As Maya reentered the living room with the five glasses of water, the only thing she saw was Carina attempting to suffocate the tallest of the group with one of her decorative pillows. She placed the five cups on the coffee table next to the popcorn and sighed. Travis was laughing his ass off, while Andy looked to be, praying? All while Vic was gasping for air. Instead of letting the exchange go any further, Maya walked over behind Carina and lowered her shoulder before throwing her over it.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" The doctor asked in frustration. "Last time I checked Doctor Deluca, your job is to save lives, not end them." Maya laughed at the childishness of her sorta girlfriend. However the position didn't help Carina's situation at all. Being over the lieutenant's shoulder granted her the reminder of just how strong the marine was and also gave her a full view of that fine military ass. Meanwhile, the other three were losing their shit and the leader of the pack, Vic, was choking on air during her laughing fit. Before Maya moved the smaller girl brought her mouth to the marine's ear.