Dandelions last alternative

This is the last alternate where the reader is happy with another person that isn't Daniel.

This was requested by @Jaydeservesrights

You and Daniel met in kindergarten. You were sitting in the field of dandelions just thinking and Daniel went up to you. "Hi, I'm Daniel! Can I sit with you? I'm new." He said. "Yeah you can. I'm Y/N." You introduced yourself. You two were sitting in comfortable silence until he broke it. "You know
Y/N, if you wish on a dandelion and blow it your wishes will come true." He said. "Really?" You asked. "Really, my mom told me so. Let's wish to be best friends!" He said plucking one out of the ground. "Best friends!" You said picking one up. You both closed your eyes and after wishing to be best friends you opened your eyes and blew. Thankfully that wish came true, but not for long.

You and Daniel grew up together from then. It was a surprise no one had tried to test you apart or one had to move away yet. Yet. And then the new girl named Lila came to town. She was beautiful, kind, and just adorable. It was too good to be true. You were assigned to show her around and you did just that. She looked so amazed at your huge school and you eventually introduced her to your best friend. You saw her eyes darken as she introduced herself but you brushed it off. You three were the best trio. Until he got feelings for her. She was too perfect.

Soon enough Daniel called you and only you to the field of dandelions and you were so happy, you thought he felt the same way. Oh how wrong were you? You sat with him and waited for him to talk. "I have a crush on someone. But you can't tell her!" He said. "Who is it?" You asked with red ears. "It's Lila." He said looking at you. Your heart broke right then and there but you had to brush it off. "I'm so happy for you! You should definitely tell her how you feel!" You said encouraging him. "Ok! I will!" He said raising his fist up. "How about, we make a wish? So she says yes. After all, the wishes come true. Look what happened to us." You said with tears in your eyes. "Yeah, yeah you're right! Let's hurry!" He said plopping back down into the field. You made your wish and he made his. You watched him run away and you wished the ground would open and swallow you whole. Because your wish will never come true.

The next day you saw Daniel with Lila they were holding hands. "Y/N!" He ran up to you," The wish worked! She said yes!" He hugged you. "You're welcome Daniel. Now go to Lila, we wouldn't want her getting the wrong idea now do we?" You asked him. "Oh yeah." He said and let you go. "I have to go to class, I'll see you later." You said walking away. "See you later Y/N." He said walking away. When you sat down you saw backpack sitting on the usually empty chair next to you. You laid your head on your desk and closed your eyes then you felt the table move. "Hi I'm Ni-Ki. I'm new and your new seat mate." He said. "I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you Ni-Ki." You said getting up and putting your hand out for him to shake it. "Let's be friends." He said shaking your hand. "Let's."

You and Ni-Ki spent more time together and it was fun. You and him would go get Bungeoppang together and go to movies. You and Daniel were still friends but you noticed he started ignoring you. When you tried to talk to him he would walk away. You didn't understand until one day a little note appeared in your locker. "Don't talk to me anymore Y/N, we aren't friends." The note said. It could only be from one person. Daniel. So you did. You stopped talking to him and he stopped talking to you. You weren't best friends anymore, not even normal friends.

You started to develop a crush on your new best friend, Ni-Ki. You were scared at first, you had bad experience with your last crush so what if it ended up like that? After a lot of courage and a game of truth or dare you told him. "Ni-Ki I've been hiding this for awhile now and I have to tell you. I like you. I've tried to stop the feelings but I haven't been able too. Please don't let this change out friendship, don't leave me." You said with tears building up in your eyes. "Y/N please don't cry, I like you too." He said wiping your tears. "Will you be my boyfriend?" You asked him, leaning into his soft touch. "I wanted to be the one who asked you out, but ok." He said.

You two were the power couple of the school. Him with his natural smarts, talents, and looks and you with your looks, smarts, and your talent in singing. You two were the best couple out there and won Prom King and Queen. You two lasted for a long time while Daniel watched from afar. He didn't know is he was happy or not and he didn't know if he could or would ever be happy. He felt weird with Lila but not the weird he felt with you.

You and Ni-Ki stayed together through it all. You went through High school and college together. Now you live together and you're married. Everyone says you're living life to the fullest and you are. You're happy and he's happy. But every now and then you would visit. You visited the dandelion field with Ni-Ki and one day, you saw Daniel. "Hi Daniel." "Hi YN"