Contestshipping: The roses

Drew and May are spending their vacation in a hotel by the beach, and as expected, Drew is attempting another romantic gesture.

THE ROSES

By @GingerAndy

May stirred. She slowly shifted in her bed and turned to sleep on the other side, her eyes remaining closed. She reached her hand out for the other side of the bed, only to find it empty.

She opened her eyes.

“Drew?”

Drew wasn’t by her side. May sat up on her bed, looking around the bedroom. Drew wasn’t around either.

“Drew?”

The brunette pulled away the covers and got up quickly. She caught a strange item on her nightstand with the corner of her eye. She turned around and noticed the red rose on the nightstand with a small note stuck to it.

“Oh…” the gesture brought a small smile to May’s face. She picked up the rose and sniffed it. She then opened the small note.

Good morning

May giggled to herself. She brought the rose closer to her nose again and sniffed. It smelled nice and refreshing. She then sighed and headed to the bathroom, before changing out of her nightgown and into mini shorts and an oversized tee shirt. She fixed her hair and left the bedroom. She presumed Drew was already having breakfast so she had to hurry.

“Drew?” May called out again, looking around the hotel room. She looked in the kitchen and in the small living room but he wasn’t there.

“Where did he go—oh…”

May walked toward the doorway slowly, after catching sight of another rose by the floor. She smiled widely as she picked it up and read the note.

You look beautiful

May giggled to herself again. She saw another rose by the doorknob of the main door of the hotel room. She walked toward it quickly this time and read the note again.

Open the door

May opened the door. She beamed when she noticed another rose on the floor of the hallway. She bent down and read the note.

Follow the roses

May looked up and noticed all the roses lying on the ground of the hotel’s hallway. She sighed heavily and beamed.

“Oh Drew.”

May found herself walking toward the deck by the ocean. On her way there, she met people who gave her roses instead of her finding them on the ground. It was the same with the guy by the hotel entrance. She’s made a very beautiful bouquet of red roses from all the flowers she had to gather, and was waiting impatiently for what she was going to find when she finally succeeds in getting to… the last rose.

“Drew will be there, I guess…” May giggled to herself. This was so Drew. She knew, deep inside, that she was lucky her boyfriend was very romantic.

The last rose lied down near a breakfast table with two chairs by the deck, with another bouquet of red roses put in a vase placed on the middle of the table. There was a note between the roses. May walked toward the table, grabbed the note and read it.

I love you

“Oh my God, Drew…” May felt her face hurt from smiling. She turned around, only to see Drew who was walking toward her, wearing a white tank top and beige shorts, and hands in pockets.

“So?”

“How did you even… Oh Drew I’m just…”

“I woke up early, and the guys at the hotel lent a little help. Is that what you wanted to know?” Drew leaned forward and wrapped his arms around May’s waist.

“Your roses—they get me every time.”

“You’re the prettiest rose of them all…”

May giggled when Drew snatched the roses away from her hands and dropped them, before he planted his lips on hers and brought her closer by her waist.

“…December.”

“Don’t start.”