Pokeshipping: Pastries

"Do I open it?"

"What else?"

Twenty years old Ash Ketchum undid the red ribbons and put them aside. Then, he opened the beige bakery carton.

"Chocolate this time." Gary Oak patted Ash on the back. "You like these, I know."

"They keep getting it right. It's creepy."

"Or someone is just trying to make you fatter because they're jealous of how hot you look."

"But I'm fat already." 

Gary started walking away. "Fine. Leave them in the fridge for when my big brother's girlfriend comes. She's pregnant and eats everything on the way."

Ash chuckled. "My big brother's girlfriend will be upset." The Ketchum-Oak rivalry was getting to the partners too. Well, not really rivalry. The two girlfriends hated each other. Gary's little sister caught them pulling each others' hairs in the laundry room when Ash and Gary were home for spring break last year and Ash's parents invited the Oaks over for lunch.

"They can share, for once."

"They're idiots." Ash turned to look at the elegant bakery box with the small chocolate fondants in it. Black wraps, wonderful smell, pure butter, pure cacao. He recognized the name of the bakery written in large letters on the top of the box.

Ash grabbed the note he found on the top of the box.

Bon appétit, Ash.

Who was buying pastries and putting them at his door?

It's been a month exactly since he's started finding pastries boxes at his door. They always had the sticky pink note with 'Bon appétit, Ash' written in cursive, so Ash was sure it wasn't one of those crazy ex girlfriends of Gary.

Who was doing this?

He didn't have friends in Goldenrod city who'd like to play pranks on him. He's just gotten here with his childhood friend Gary to attend university after spending two years in a college in Cerulean, and the two haven't been opening up to people around. How long has it been since they arrived to this city? Six months?

"It's a girl, Ash. I'm sure." Gary told him after Ash received the fourth box. The notes were pink and the handwriting was way too pretty, and Gary is never wrong about women.

That fourth box was special. It had lemon and crème pastries, and one slice had raspberries. It was an extra. The thing tasted like heaven, Ash had to admit.

Yeah, he eats them. So?

Ash couldn't remember if he even engaged in conversations with any girl of his major. And how did they even know he had a soft spot for pastries? Who was spying on him? Who was buying him those expensive pastries from that expensive bakery in the Goldenrod City Center? Who is trying to get him addicted?

Creepy.

He had to make this stop. He wasn't involved with any of the girls in the university. None of his old friends were in Goldenrod either. His pants were getting tight - I mean that this had to stop. Who was doing this to him? It wasn't fair. He can't just see pastries and not eat them. Life isn't fair. What was happening to his head? He was confused.

Ash took a deep breath. He got up, closed back the bakery carton and picked it up.

"Fine! You want to play? I'll play too!" He snatched the spoon and opened the box again. "But first, I'll eat this!"

-

When Gary got out of the shower, he found Ash sitting on the floor with his back against the door of the apartment. He was still in his pajama shorts and shirt.