Pokeshipping: You belong with me

I found this when I was deleting some useless files. I wrote this in 2008 (no joke) and yes, it's inspired from Taylor Swift's You Belong With Me. 

-

"And... I think we should break up."

Misty's heart almost stopped beating. She gasped lightly and pulled away from her boyfriend Daniel as they were cuddling in the bed.

"What—why?"

"I just—I... I don't know." The older guy shook his head quickly and turned to look the other way, avoiding eye contact with the sixteen years old redhead.

"I think you're too young, that's all."

Misty sat up. She looked down at him—in horror. "You said it wasn't a problem!"

He sat up too. "It is now, okay? You don't want to do it with me!"

"You know I don't want to-"

"I understand, that's why you're too young for me."

"..."

"You're a wonderful girl, Misty, but I need a grownup woman, not a little girl. I'm an adult and I have needs."

Heartbroken, Misty leaped out of the bed and started collecting her clothes and stuff. She didn't look behind her one second before she headed out of her ex boyfriend's apartment.

She didn't even say one word to her mom who tried following after her to her bedroom after she's noticed she was crying. Misty slammed the door shut and threw herself onto her bed.

Through her open window, she noticed the guy who lived next door inside his bedroom writing on his desk. Their windows faced so they could see each other. 

Well, she knew him. His name was Ash, and he attended some of her classes as well. He didn't talk to many people. He was quiet and down to Earth. Her ex, Gary, picked on him sometimes, but Misty has heard somewhere that they are kind of 'friends', so Gary's attention wasn't probably bullying him. Ash never said anything about it anyway.

He was probably just five or six inches taller than Misty. His skin was slightly tanned, and he had bright, honey eyes. He was kind of cute, but Misty had high standards.

Oh, what was she thinking? She and Ash? The loner guy? Ugh, not in a million years!

Misty wasn't egoistic; she just didn't want to get involved with guys who were not her level, and plus, Ash was too fat for her taste. No, really. Misty only dated muscular, tall guys who owned cars and could spend some money on her and spoil her.

What's making Misty think of him she'll never know.

When the redhead got up and walked over to her window as to shut it, Ash looked up. He probably caught her movement.

"Oh." Misty hesitated about shutting the window when Ash smiled at her. He waved his hand.

"Hi..." She waved back. She noticed he started writing something down, he then showed her what he wrote:

You okay?

Misty blinked. Was it that obvious that she's been crying? She picked up a notebook, wrote the reply and showed him. After all, Ash barely talked to anyone and wouldn't tell people about her, and she needed someone to speak to.

Broke up...

Ash wrote something again and showed her.

He didn't deserve you then :)

Misty smiled weakly. She brushed her hair to the back and wrote:

I guess ^^

Ash wrote down and showed her: