For Pokeshipping Day: Love is blind

"You shouldn't get engaged now, Mimi. You're still young. You'll get other opportunities."

"Awww dad. Come here."

Ash chuckled a little as his twenty-five years old daughter Miriam hugged him. "I promise I'll call everyday to check on you and on Nana. Getting engaged and moving in with Danny is just a small detail!"

"Promise?" The two pulled away from each other.

"A Ketchum's promise!"

Ash stroked her hair and kissed her forehead. Miriam giggled and turned back to checking her old photos.

The two were looking for her birth certificate when they found some old pictures in the boxes inside Ash's closet. There were a lot of those. Ash took a picture of his daughter every time he got the chance to. She was his beautiful little princess, and she grew to be this young successful lawyer he was so proud of.

"... I'll shoot that Danny guy someday, just saying."

"Dad!" Miriam giggled again and picked up another box. She opened it. "He's nice, we love each other, and Nana likes him. It's a good sign."

"Your grandmother only likes him because he helps her around the house."

"And that's very nice of Danny."

"I give up." Ash left his hands up and chuckled.

"Oh—this woman...?" Miriam turned around and walked over to the bed, showing her father the picture she's found.

Ash's mouth opened when he saw the picture.

"That's...-where did you find it?"

"In the box—oh! I remember now!" Miriam beamed and clapped her hands together. She then pointed at the picture. "It's the woman Nana told me about! Michelle!"

Ash gave a weak smile.

"It's Misty."

"Right, right. Misty! That's her, right?"

"Yes..."

The picture showed a sixteen old Misty wearing a school uniform and smiling to the camera.

Ash was slightly shaking. He was shaking with emotion as he held the picture in his hands. It was years old, from the time he and Misty were best friends. When was that, thirty years ago?

It has been exactly twenty-five years since Ash hasn't seen Misty. That picture was the last picture Ash took of his best friend, and last time he saw her was when they were both twenty.

"Nana told me a lot of things about this woman... are they true?"

"Depends on what she's told you."

"Well, she said you love her."

Ash placed the picture back inside the box. He closed it. "It's a very long story."

"I have time!" Miriam grinned.

"No, that idiot will get home soon and take you."

"Danny is not an idiot! And he's still out with Nana—come on, dad! Please?" Miriam grabbed her father's hand, kissed it and placed it on her chest, hugging it tight. "Please?"

Ash chuckled and pulled his hand away. He looked down as he spoke up. "I met Misty when I was ten. She was the only true friend I ever had—beside Gary, of course. Thing is, she was my very first female friend."

"Our friendship was very special. We were inseparable, literally. Misty meant a lot of me. I could do anything and everything so she'd be happy."

"When I was fourteen, I asked her out, and she accepted without hesitation. We dated. It was the best days of our lives. Love was in the air for sure."