Pokeshipping: Foundation

Misty's eyes traveled all over the shelf, eyeing curiously the products. She didn't know much about make-up, hell; she had no idea about it. She's never put it before nor owned it—except for a small bottle of glittery purple nail polish she got for her birthday and which she never used and hid in the third abandoned drawer of her nightstand.

"I don't need it!" But then, she remembered... it'd make her look pretty, right? She had the right to wear make-up. All girls her age wore it. They made them feel confident and attractive. It's all what Misty needed. Sure, she believed she was pretty; she just needed a little boost.

The redhead leaned forward and picked up a small bottle of pale beige liquid.

Y&R Foundation

Make-up fluid.

Problem solved.

-

Misty eyed the small bottle curiously. She sat at her light pink vanity, staring into the mirror and at the foundation, picking it up now and then.

"It does cost a fortune."

The redhead has spent all her money on the foundation, but at least she knew she picked up the right color. The woman at the store helped her pick up the right shade for her pale skin, and it wasn't a hard task since she had to pick up the lighter one, but Misty didn't know that at first.

Then, the woman just had to make a comment about it,

"In all cases, you have a beautiful, flawless skin, miss. What do you need the foundation for? Eye bags? We have better products for that."

Misty wasn't sure how to react to such comment. She ignored it though, faking having not heard it.

How could she not see it? Misty's skin wasn't flawless. It wasn't beautiful either. It was full of ugly freckles, sprawled all over. It wasn't pretty. It ruined her chances with boys. She knew it.

Misty felt embarrassed about it all the time. It wasn't fair that she had to be born a redhead! Her upper arms were freckled, her chest was freckled, her shoulders were, her back was... even wearing a tee shirt made her feel self-conscious. Misty hated the freckles, no matter how much Dawn or May called them cute.

No one likes redheads.

And if she was cute, Ash would have already asked her out by now, right?

The most important area was her face though. Misty wanted the pain to end. She decided she will start using the foundation from now on and hide all the ugly spots on her face. She'll look as flawless as May, Dawn, Serena and all other pretty girls (she'll save dyeing her red hair for later since her mother would never approve of such thing now).

And Ash will notice her, right? It was a shame he's been seated next to her for two years now and he hasn't noticed how much she likes him. They were good friends, but Misty wanted to get noticed in that way.

And this was her senior year. She wanted Ash to know.

-

Ash knew he did extend his limits today but he wasn't sure why he couldn't take his eyes off of Misty. He stared, not even caring to look away when she'd catch him. She was the one who'd look away instead when their eyes met. They made awkward eye contact twice already, and it was just the beginning of the day.

He presumed it bothered Misty, but he just couldn't—what was this? It's like something was different about Misty today, and thing is, Misty is always the same. Why would something be different about her today? She's always expect-able, and contrary to what other guys say, that didn't make her plain boring at all. She may be predictable but she was special in her own way. It's that why he liked her in the first place.