Pokeshipping: Down the aisle (Part I)

"Uncle Ash! Stop! Hihi! Stooop!"

A four years old girl with pale skin and big brown eyes ran around the garden, trying to avoid getting wet. Her uncle held up the hose and was spraying her -gently and slightly- with the cold water.

"Noooo! Stoooop!" the girl was giggling loudly.

"Nope!"

"Okay then! Boooo!" the little girl ran to the faucet and turned it off. "There! You've got no water now!"

"Awww, that was smart. Come here."

The child giggled loudly again as her uncle picked her up and kissed her forehead. "My clothes are wet!"

"Yes, they are. You should go inside and change."

"But I want to help you wash the caar!"

"You can do that after you change, okay? Now, go. Come on."

"But Aunt Misty is here!"

Ash soon let go of his niece when she started trying to get off him. She ran to the redhead who was just approaching the house after she got out of a black shiny car.

"Hi Auntie Misty!"

"Hello sweet Chloe! Oh, look at you! You're wet!" Misty bent down and exclaimed. She brushed Chloe's damp hair to the back.

"Uncle Ash did it!"

"You must go change, alright?"

"Okaaay..."

Chloe giggled loudly one more time when she was walking back inside the house and Ash made a funny face at her.

"Hi Ash," Misty said in a soft voice. Ash smiled weakly at her. He soon looked down and continued washing his car. "Hey."

"Soo... how was today?"

"Good."

Ash hated eye contact with Misty.

She wore makeup.

It didn't suit her.

He hated looking at her.

Just a glance at her reminded him of the fact that she was engaged to Rudy.

Right after she got engaged to him, Misty changed, completely. She wasn't the girl Ash has known ever since they were ten. She was completely different. Even her fashion sense got ruined.

Well, she was engaged to Mister I-steal-your-money-and-make-it-mine. Misty got dressed in all kind of expensive dresses and jewelry. She even wore those fancy large ladies hat and high heels. She changed her engagement ring every month.

Today wasn't any different. Misty was again dressed in one of her white big fancy hats. She had a light blue knee-length dress and white mid heel sandals on. Her purse was glittery (Ash knew those crystals weren't fake) and she wore a necklace made of pearls. Even her phone body was embedded in gemstones.

Misty pulled away slightly from the car. Ash presumed she was worried she'd ruin the dress Rudy has picked himself for her.

"So, why are you in Pallet?"

"I thought of visiting." Misty smiled genuinely. She slowly walked over to the table on the porch and sat down.

Ash looked at her for a moment. He went to wash the soap off his hands and soon joined her at the table.

"Okay?"

"Listen, Ash..." Misty cleared her throat and sat straight. "I have a favor to ask you. I couldn't ask anyone else, because you're my closest friend and you mean so much to me."

More friendzoning... Ash even wondered why he was still hoping that, someday, Misty will be his. She was engaged; she was getting married next week. What was he thinking?

"Go ahead."

"I want you to..." Misty seemed uneasy for a moment. She leaned forward and told Ash,

"I want you to walk me down the aisle."

"What?" Ash let out unconsciously. Did he hear right?

Did he really hear right?

"I want you to walk me down the aisle..."

Ash was dumbfounded.

Ash could take the friendzoning- he could even bare watching Misty and Rudy kiss in the wedding, but handing Misty to Rudy?

Handing Misty to Rudy in front of the whole world?

This was too much.

"Is something wrong, Ash-"

"Everything is wrong in this!" Ash pushed his chair to the back and got up. "Are you seriously asking me to give you to Rudy with my own- are you serious, Misty?"

"What's the problem with that? You know I don't have a father or a brother who can do it. You're my best-"

"Stop!" Ash yelled loudly this time. His voice was shaken and wobbly. Misty got startled. She's never seen Ash so angry and furious like this before. It scared her. "Stop it! Stop everything!"

"What's wrong? Why are you-"

"Go ask Brock or Tracey or even Gary! I don't care! Anyone but me! Understand? I will never hand you to Rudy and you know it!"

"Why are you so sensitive? What has Rudy ever done to you?"

"I'm not sensitive! I love you! That's what!"

It has taken Ash seventeen years to finally confess his love. It was neither the right time nor the right place. Misty was getting married in a week, and he tells her he loves her.

It was Misty's turn now to be speechless. She didn't look too shocked though.

"You know I can jump off a cliff or even take a bullet for you, Misty, but I can't do something like this. I've loved you, but you were all over rich Rudy; I backed off. Now, go marry him and leave me alone. Bye."

Misty grabbed Ash by his wrist right before he gets inside. He turned around. "What?"

"Why did you take so long to tell me?"

"Why? Why would I ever think of telling you earlier? You were dating Rudy, Misty. Do you seriously think I'd want to compete against that guy?"

Misty remained quiet.

"Misty; I'm not walking you down the aisle- I'm not even attending the wedding anymore. You won't see my face ever again. Bye, forever. Have fun being rich."

"Ash-"

Ash slammed the door shut right on Misty's face.

The tears were filling her eyes.

Ash had no idea.

He had no idea.

To be continued...