Pokeshipping: Kiss the poster

Dawn and May make Misty play a little silly game with them, which ends in an unexpected way. Hint: Ash Ketchum.

KISS THE POSTER

By @GingerAndy

Eighteen old gym leader Misty Williams lay down on her bed, minding her own business as she flipped through one of May's magazines, and as her Pokemon rested peacefully in their Pokeballs. Today was her day off, and both May and Dawn were visiting, and taking a break from their journeys as well.

The redhead jumped up when May came out of nowhere and lay down beside her. She grabbed the magazine. "Coral is on style!"

"Yeah, I think." Misty didn't care which color was on style.

"Coral nail polish looks gorgeous!"

"I guess... where did Dawn go?" asked Misty as he got up from her bed and walked over to her nightstand. She picked up her phone and checked for any new messages. As usual, there were none, so she placed the phone back on the nightstand and sighed.

"She's feeding her Pokemon downstairs. She'll be here soon and we'll have the max of fun!"

Misty didn't really like May's voice tone, and she never did anyway. She and Dawn were too jumpy and girly for her tastes. The redhead really found the guys' company more amusing and entertaining. With Dawn and May around, it was all about nail polish and boys. It was boring.

Plus, they always found a way to bring Ash up when they're in the middle of a conversation.

Misty hated it.

It's not like she held a grudge against him, of course not; she wouldn't hold a grudge against a guy whom has completely forgotten about her after they've gone through so much; whom never calls or sends a letter, and whom never comes to check on her. How can Misty hate Ash, the Orange League Champion, the Battle Frontier Champion, Johto League Champion and Indigo League Champion, who doesn't even know she exists anymore? How can she hate someone who forgot about her as soon as he hit the front pages?

Screw Ash and his titles.

Misty was done.

It wasn't helping that he's been getting too famous lately. People talked about Ash in every corner of the city, if not the whole region. The media weren't really giving Delia any break, nor did they leave his father alone, who turned out to own a hotel in the Sinnoh region and live with his fiancée whose exactly Ash's age.

Yes; the assholeness runs in the family.

How the hell did they even find the man? No idea. Misty has never heard Ash speak about him before, and she knew now why. Isaac Ketchum was engaged to an eighteen years old woman; he divorced Delia when Ash was only two. Misty was sure the "I always encouraged my son" and "I believed in him" confessions in those interviews were just a bunch of lies.

Ash was not better off than his father.

Well, Misty didn't care and never will. Ash forgot completely about her and their times together, so she was going to give him the same treatment. Misty decided a long time ago to forget about Ash, and certainly to bury her feelings deep down and move on.

... Because he didn't feel the same toward her. Period. It was the truth.

Why was it hard for Misty to get it through her skull?

Damn hormones.

"Hey Misty? Are you okay?"

The redhead turned around quickly and said, "Yeah, sure." She has just noticed Dawn who was in the bedroom now too. She had in hand a big rolled paper. It looked like some kind of a poster for Misty.