Pokeshipping: Car racing

I love car racing cx 

-

Red lights were frustrating Misty. This was the third one already. The streets were clogged. She'd never make it on time for class this way.

"Pffft, come on, green light! Come on!" Misty peeked at the lights. The corner of her eye caught someone from their car on her right staring at her.

"Little Fiesta! Hey!" Ash? Oh damn—that black Jeep again this early? Misty was hoping she wouldn't see him for another hour.

This guy was attending the same college as her, and he was in her class. In their first day of school, they fought over a parking spot. It was Misty who got it in the end, but Ash bugged her about it the whole day later on, and followed her everywhere reminding her how her little Fiesta took his beautiful Jeep's spot. It has been two weeks now since.

He found out about her name somehow. She never told him her name! And lately, he's been bugging her about her phone number, and giving in so easily wasn't very Misty.  That's what her sisters have taught her anyway. 

Misty rolled her eyes and turned to look in front of her. His friend Gary was on the front seat. She did notice he was looking at her too. That guy was always busy either with his phone, either with his damn self. He looked less annoying than Ash, but egoistic.

"Care for a race?"

Misty turned to look at him. Ash smirked and shouted to her, "We're taking a shortcut to school! It's the first turn on the right!"

"Let's race, Misty! Show us what you got!"

Beating Ash at his own game is going to kill him, and she could even get rid of him forever. Misty rolled the window down and shouted back, "Okay!"

"Good!" Ash turned to Gary and told him something. He then turned up the volume of the music and started revving his car. It was making very loud voices.

Misty took a deep breath and as soon as she saw the green light, she pressed the gas pedal with all she's got.

Ash and Gary got out of the car and closed the doors. They looked at each other.

"I told you this was going to end badly." 

"I'll go see." Ash grabbed his phone and wallet and gave Gary his car keys. "Go ahead and wait for me there. I'll go with her."

The raven haired walked over the other side of the street and placed his hand over the police officer's shoulder. "Excuse me?"

"Yes—oh! Ash!"

Misty poked her head out of the car when she recognized Ash's voice. She soon got out of the car and slammed the door shut. She didn't really look happy.

After all, Gary and Ash got her right in the trap, but they expected the officer to be easy on her. It seemed like Misty didn't try to be nice to the man, so he got mad, and refused to let her go.

"Officer Owen."

"You're Mr. Ketchum's son, Ash! Aren't you?"

"Yes, that's me." Ash flashed a smile. "What has my girlfriend ever done to you anyway?"

Misty almost gasped. If looks could kill...

"Oh—is this girl your girlfriend? I didn't know!" The officer laughed. "She was speeding up—too much. It was too much. She burned all lights! That's a fast girlfriend you have!"

The officer laughed at his not-so-innocent joke. Misty stood behind him and did a cutthroat gesture. Ash cleared his throat.

"Don't mind her. Today's the first day in college for her, and she was kind of late. You know?"

The officer laughed. He just seemed to smoother after he started talking to Ash. "Alright, alright. Just make sure she doesn't speed up on the road again. That was dangerous."

"Yeah, it was."

"And send your father my greetings." The officer said and started walking over to his car.

"Sure." Ash smiled back at him and then told Misty. "Come on, babe."

Misty's eyes shot wide as Ash walked over to the front seat door and got inside. "Come on!"

The redhead hissed and got inside her car. "You'll pay."

"I helped you."

It's not like Misty was dumb. She knew they let her drive pass them because they already knew where the radars were.

"Cheater." Misty switched on her car. "I hate you already. I hate you."

"Nice car. It smells like candy." Ash looked around the car. He then looked at Misty. "Very nice car."

"Remind me why did I even let you inside my car? And why did you tell him I was your girlfriend, huh? And why do you hate me?" 

And why do all cute guys have to be a**holes? 

"So many questions!" Ash made a face and placed his feet on the dashboard. Misty gasped. "Put your feet down!"

"I'll answer: I got inside because I wanted, I told him that because he was about to take away your license, and I don't hate you, I like you."

Misty blushed a little at his statement and tried to ignore it. "I said, put your feet down!"

"Fiiiine." Ash put his feet down. "And they say boys are obsessed with their cars. Girls are even worse—turn to the left. We don't want to get stuck in traffic again."

Misty rolled her eyes but she turned to the left anyway. "You're kind of annoying."

"I know."

"And noisy."

"Yeah."

"And you think you're cool just because you have a bigger car."

"That's evident."

But Ash wasn't bad, and he had the looks—and she did have a tiny, little crush on him. She couldn't deny it. She and her best friend Sakura have managed to find his Facebook before, and Misty stalked it. Well, not literally, but, you get the point.

"But?"

"But what?"

"Buut, you like me."

"Huh?" Misty didn't expect that.

"Pull over, Emma Stone."

Misty pulled over slowly, slightly baffled. Ash opened the car door and she soon noticed his car was parking right in front of her.

"Nice ride and car. I'll see you at school. You still don't want to give me your phone number?"

Misty grinned suddenly. "Come closer."

"Hum?" Ash grinned back at her and leaned forward the redhead. 

"Considering I won the race..." Misty grabbed a sticky note, scribbled down something on it and stuck it on Ash's chest. She then pushed him out of his car.

"No, you're still not getting it." The note said 'LOSER'. Ash pulled it away quickly. 

"Good luck next time!" She closed the door and drove away. Misty stuck her middle finger when she drove past Gary. 

"WHAT?"

"I let you win!"

"You never won!"

Gary hopped out of Ash's car and gave him a puzzled look.

"Fine, she won!"

"Almost!"

THE END.