Chapter 4 - Talk

After that day in the kitchens, James and Avery have gotten closer. Since she's been hanging out with James that means she is also getting closer with the other three Marauders, too.

Lily was furious.

How could she? How can she hang out with them?

Is all that Lily could think when she sees the five of them together. Then that's when she realized it.

Lily was jealous.

Avery was happy with the four boys, but that didn't mean she wasn't still upset. Lily was a big part in her life and now, it's like there's still something missing...

Her best friend.

But was she really a best friend if she was never there? Was she like that with all friends?

No. Lily Evans wasn't always selfish with everyone, but that doesn't mean she was only selfish with Avery. Avery was like Lily's diary? Because she never got to express her opinions or just didn't get to say anything.

And Avery was sick of it. She was a little relieved that she's gotten a break from all that, and now she can actually express her feelings with others. She honestly missed Lily. Yes, she could be quite selfish but she was still her best friend and was even there for Avery without even knowing it.

But, of course, Avery being Avery didn't let out every single feeling out, so she wouldn't stress James, Remus, Peter or Sirius out like Lily did to her.

She'd only let out a few before trying to distract herself before the boys could see through her walls. To keep them happy.

Of course, no one saw through them, but one person did.

James Potter.

James could easily see through her. Despite only knowing her for about a month and a few weeks, he could see through the walls. He wanted her to let all of her feelings out before she takes on many more, since this year they had their O.W.L's, that would be a lot.

The stress.

The grieving of their friendship.

The sadness.

The loss of a friend. (Lily)

That may not seem like a lot, but it was all built up. All held back. Which means the stress, grieving, sadness, and loss was almost like 3× that.

James didn't want the blue eyed girl to be in a depressive state. He wanted to hold her. He wanted to tell her it was all alright. He wanted to be the one to get to do it. Not Remus. Not Peter. And definitely not Sirius.

Of course, James wasn't over Lily yet, which means he is still asking her out, but not as much as he did over the years. But, it almost seemed as if he was doing it to embarrass her.

Lily, of course, still said no. Liking the attention she gets, but not the way James makes her get it. She doesn't like to be embarrassed, so she continues to call him names, hopeful to hurt him and make him leave her alone. But, at the same time she wants him to not stop, so she can have the attention on her.

She did genuinely feel like he was constantly harassing her, which was why she'd always say no. But she doesn't mind now.

*-*-*-*-*

Now that it's October, Avery gets dressed into her uniform, putting on her white long sleeved button up shirt, tying her tie, and pulling over a V-neck jumper. She strips from her pajama shorts and pulls on some tights, pulling on her skirt before hurriedly tucking in her button up. (AN: above is the uniform) Last but not least she slips her flats on before grabbing her bag and wand, walking out of her dorm greeting people as pulls her hair up into a loose pony tail and fixing a couple of baby strands on her face.

The boys, James, Sirius, Remus and Peter are waiting outside the Great Hall for Avery, discussing prank idea's.

"Hey, guys!" The boys heard a soft and gentle voice say from behind them, startling them as well.

"Merlin, A, you about gave me a heart attack!" Sirius dramatically states, placing a hand to his chest.

"Oh, shush. Anyway how are you, boys, this morning?" Avery asks as they walk into the Great Hall and over to the Gryffindor table.

"We're doing great, other than the fact that Moony woke us up early." James replies looking at her.

"Alright." She hums, slightly smiling.

"How about you, Aves?" Peter asks from beside Remus.

"Oh, I'm great! Thank you, but why don't we sit, you guys look hungry!" Avery says making sure the boys sit and get some breakfast onto their plates.

"Aren't you going to eat, too?" James asks, looking at her, frowning a bit.

"Oh, yes, of course. Just making sure you guys eat too." Avery says smiling.

The five have finally finished eating and are on their way to their classes, Avery and James have charms, meanwhile the three other boys have History of magic (AN: Is that what that class is called? I can't remember).

"James, do you think I should apologize to Lily? I feel bad for yelling at her, and I worry that I might've stressed her or someth-" Avery rambles but gets interrupted by James.

"Uh, no, no, no. Do not apologize. Don't feel bad for yelling at her, she deserved it. She was a shitty best friend. She didn't even listen to her, so forget she exists until she apologizes to you." James said, telling Avery seriously.

"But, you still ask her out?" she said in more of a question then statement.

"Yeah- but, but, so what? I- she just hurt you, okay? And I hate seeing you sad. So please just, try to have fun, let your feelings out instead of bottling them up, and show Lily that your way more than just a 'stupid hufflepuff'," James said putting air quotes around the words 'stupid hufflepuff'.

"Yeah, okay. You're right. I'm more than just a stupid Hufflepuff!" Avery repeated.

"Yeah! Atta girl!" James hypes her up.

"Okay, well then, let's get to class." Avery says as James groans.

AN
How was that? Was this a bit shorter? I'm not sure. Also I hope you have a wonderful day/night!