Chapter 16 - Friends again?

The next day James was determined to speak to Avery again. He was expecting her to be stubborn and not forgive him, but then again he did avoid her for a while so why would she forgive him?

As James got ready getting his uniform on, brushing his teeth and then messing his hair up a bit. He practically ran down the stairs.

Remus chuckled at his friend and says, "Prongs, mate, I know you want to see her but you ought to eat first. You know how she gets when finds out."

Sirius and Peter both visibly wince at the thought of Avery scolding them all and not letting them prank anyone for a day or two, she had practically grounded them from pranking for a week. It was like she was their mother.

"Oh, yeah. Definitely, don't want to make her anymore mad." James says as he winced, too.

Peter was still slightly mad at James for making Avery feel so sad, meaning he wasn't really looking or talking to the boy.

"Oh come on, Wormtail, you can't stay mad at me forever." James sighs as he runs his hand through his hair, making his hair messier, if possible.

Peter ignored him as the four boys sat down and the Pettigrew boy continued to ignore the Potter boy.

"Just give him some time, Prongs." Sirius says, patting James on the back. James sighs.

As Lily, Marlene and Dorcas sit near the Marauders, Lily looks up slightly and gasps catching the boy's and the two girls attention.

James follows Lily's line of sight and his mood drops as he feels a sudden jealousy feeling take over when he sees Avery hugging Regulus Black.

"Bloody hell! What is she doing with a snake?" Marlene asks as she stares at the Hufflepuff and Slytherin in shock. Sirius glares at her.

"Marlene! Quit it! We can't control what she does." Lily says slapping Marlene on the arm.

Dorcas waves Avery over to the Gryffindor table and the platinum blonde girl immediately goes over there, expecting James to make an excuse and leave but to her surprise he sat there and smiled at her.

Smiling back, slightly shocked Avery sits down and looks at everyone's plates making sure they eat before grabbing some food herself.

"Good morning! How are you guys?" Avery asks as everyone looks at her.

"Wha- How do you know Reggi- Regulus," Sirius asks.

Avery shrugs as she smiles, "Oh well, I met him in second year, we've been friends since. He's really nice! So much like a brother." Avery explains.

"Mm. Okay," Sirius mutters.

Remus immediately notices the upset look on his boyfriend's face and immediately thought of an idea to cheer him up.

"Oi, Sirius! Padfoot." the werewolf whisper-shouts.

Finally catching his attention Remus gives him a suggestive look, slightly blushing, too. Sirius nods his head quickly.

"Um, let's go to class, James, Peter." Avery says, seeing the exchange and tries to distract the two oblivious boys.

"Uh, okay?" James says, confused before he looks at Sirius and Remus, "you coming, mates?"

"Maybe in little bit, Prongs." Sirius says, smiling awkwardly, as they all stand up.

"Yeah, go on without us.."

As James and Peter walked away, Avery stayed back and turned around and looked at the couple.

"Be safe." Avery says sternly, yet in a teasing tone.

"Yes, mum!" Sirius says, smirking.

Remus blushes and lightly punches Avery's arm, "Oh, shove off."

"Sorry, Remmy. But, do be safe." the girl says pointing at the two boys as she walks away.

As Avery walks into the Transfiguration classroom, James pushes Peter out of the seat next to him and waves Avery over, pointing to the seat next to him.

Avery sends him a stern look making James gulp slightly and smile apologetically as Avery helps Peter up.

"You okay, Pete?" the Hufflepuff asks.

"Yeah, I'm good, thanks."

The blue eyed girl sits in the seat that Peter had previously been in and smiles at James as she pulls out some parchment.

James gives her a confused look as she does that. Avery feels James's eyes on her and looks over and sees his confused look.

"What?"

"Aren't we supposed to be transfiguring something or something?" James asks as Harley slightly giggles.

"No, we're writing essays about how Evanesce works and how to work it and stuff like that." Abery explains as she starts writing.

"Oh," James drags out the 'o' before mumbling, "I wasn't there."

"Oh yeah? And where were you mister?" Avery asks as she puts her hands on her hips in a playful way.

James mumbles something and Avery can't hear. Peter sees that and says to James, "Oi, mate! She can't hear you."

"Shove off, Wormy!"

''Can you repeat what you said?" Avery asks calmly yet in a stern tone.

"I was setting up pranks.."

"Hm, and hadn't you told me that you weren't the one that set up those pranks?" Avery asks, still calm, scaring James.

"Uh, no?" But it came out more of a question, the Flynn girl raises an eyebrow and James gives in and admits, "Yes, it was me."

"Okay."

"Are you mad?" James asks sheepishly.

"No, I had already known it was you and got over it."

"Okay, now help me with this, I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing."

Avery giggles as she replies, "Alright, but I'm not helping you next time!"

*-*-*

Minerva McGonagall was sat at her desk as she watches two of her students speak quietly and laugh and giggle  quietly as they continue to work.

Smiling slightly Minerva shakes her head slightly as she gets back to grading.

·_·_·_·_·_·_·_·_·_·_·_·_·

Severus Snape was sat in his second period class, which was potions and this class had all houses mixed, as he glares at Avery Flynn, blaming her for being reason as to why he and the girl he's fancied since the first year, Lily Evans, had been drifting apart.

When in reality it was because of him since he has been hanging out with all those other Slytherins who had been into doing dark spells and wanting to join the Dark Lord.

He had a plan...

It didn't involve in him hurting anyone but it involved it with him using Avery to get close with Lily again. Not only that but he knew that when Avery was around, James Potter and Sirius Black wouldn't bully him as much. He had witnessed it.

Avery may not like Severus but she didn't think he'd deserve to be bullied so when James and Sirius had taunted Severus in front of her she had practically dragged them away and scolded them as they walked away.

So Severus thought that since Avery is so nice and soft she would give him a chance and was deciding that he'd use that as an advantage and use it.

But boy did he know what would happen...

A/n
AHAHDUTNRJ... THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR LIKE 4.SOMETHING K VIEWSSS
IM SO THANKFUL AND JUST- AHHHH! THANK YOUUUUU

What is Severus planning? Harley and James are talking again! Yay! Also should I change Harley's name to Quinn?... I've kinda become obsessed with that name, Im not sure if I should change it yet.

Sorry i haven't posted much, Ive been so busy... Sorry!