Chapter 36 - No

Arriving at Spencer Flynn's house, Avery immediately unbuckles her seatbelt and doesn't bother grabbing her stuff as she runs towards the porch. Making it there, she immediately knocks on the door before opening it. 

"Oh! Hi, you must be Spencer's daughter, Avery, right?" A brunette haired woman asked with a warm smile on her face.

"Yep, and… you are.. Tate? Right?" Immediately the woman's eyes brightened as she grins.

"That's me! Spencer has told me a lot about you, and guess what? I'm a witch as well! It feels so good to finally be around girls, Katy is an amazing person! I hope to get to know you as well." 

Avery smiles as she walks forward and pulls the woman into a hug, "I'd love that, too. Corey's outside, do you know where my dad is?"

"Umm… oh! He's outside in the back, he's just adjusting the furniture out there."

The blonde's eyes widened, "You convinced him to get furniture outside? I love you already!" 

Tate chuckled before patting the girl's arm and telling her that she's going to go see Corey.

The teen girl sighed before looking around the living room, it didn’t look very different. Things were added to the living room, things were moved. Moving to the kitchen, Avery doesn’t bother looking around because at that exact moment, her father walked into the house.

Spencer walks into the house as he hears someone walk into the kitchen at the same time. Assuming it was Tate, he asks as he turns around to lock the door and take off his coat and asks, “Hey, Sweetie. Is Katy here with Avery and-”

Spencer cuts himself off at the sight of his daughter. The blonde smiles, “Hi, dad.”

“Avery, when- when did you get here? Where’s Tate? God, please tell me Katy didn’t forget Corey..” The man mutters as he pulls his daughter in a bone crushing hug. Immediately, she hugs back causing the man to exhale. “God knows how much I’ve missed your hugs. They’re just as great as my mum’s, if not more.”

“Grandma Dorothy’s hugs are amazing..” Avery smiles as the father-daughter duo pull away from the hug.

“Now, what’s this I hear about you having a boyfriend, little missy?” The man puts his hands on his hips as he playfully glares at her.

"Well… I just fell for him so quickly, dad! I couldn't help it, his smile is absolutely adorable! His eyes are so pretty, oh, he is so charming might I add. He's a troublemaker but he makes everyone happy, especially me. Yes, I'm disappointed that he targets only one person or one house. I just don't think it's right, unless they're bullies. Bullies who just don't stop." As Avery went on and on about this mysterious boy, Spencer couldn't help but want to meet him and make sure he's a good boy for his daughter.

"He seems amazing. Love at first sight, huh?" Immediately the girl nods with a smile. "Reminds me of Tate and I, it seems like we've had a good year so far."

"Yeah, poor mum. But she always says that being single is a good time to sort yourself out and work on yourself. Which I agree with but I feel bad that now she's lonely with me off to Hogwarts-" Avery cuts herself off with a gasp remembering her bags, "My bags! Crap, let me go help!"

At that, Avery turns around and runs off as Spencer just chuckles to himself, "Classic Avery."”

~~~~~

“Hey, Mum?” Avery asks as she sits down next to her mother now at their own house.

“Yes?”