Chapter 37

After breakfast with the family, Avery went up to her room to get her bag. Grabbing one of her bigger purses, Avery grabs her wallet, hairbrush, chapstick, a few hair ties, a book, and a water bottle. She knew that when Lily, Marlene, and her went out to town, Marlene would complain about the things she left. Lily only grabs things that she wants to bring and thinks she'll need while Avery is the prepared one.

After grabbing a few more things, Avery zips up her bag and leaves her room. Watching her steps, Avery looks up to see her mom rearranging a few things around the house. Smiling, Avery walks towards her mom, "Mum, I'm getting ready to head out."

Katy turns around and smiles at her daughter, "Alright be careful. I love you, don't do drugs or drink!"

"I love you, too. And I'd never do drugs." Avery says as she walks out the door.

~~~~

Getting to Lily's house, Avery knocks on the door. A few seconds later the door is opened by Mrs. Evans who immediately smiles and pulls her into a hug. "Oh, Avery Darling, I was wondering when you'd get here!"

Loud footsteps could be heard rushing down the hall as a voice called out, "Is Avery already here?"

As Mrs. Evans pulls away, Avery calls back to her best friend's voice, "Yep! Hurry up, Lils."

Lily comes through the hallway and smiles at her best friend. "Avery! God, I miss seeing your face everyday."

Holding her arms out, Avery replies with a grin as they hug. "I missed seeing you as well. Now, come on, let's go on a quick walk."

Lily pulls away from the hug with a frown. "But.. It's cold outside. Why are we going to go on a walk when we can stay here in the warm?"

The blonde shrugged her shoulders with a small smile, "Why not? C'mon, we can talk without Petunia being nosey."

"I suppose you're right." The redhead sighs and grabs her coat and pulls on some shoes. "Just don't complain when your feet hurt. It was your idea."

Avery laughs as she grabs the girl's wrist. "We're going on a quick walk, Mrs. Evans!"

"Alright, be safe, Loves!"

Opening the door, the two leave and walk a few houses away in silence until Lily breaks it. "So? What'd you want to talk about?"

"Uh, so.. You know Regulus? Sirius' brother? Yeah, well I offered him my home and I don't know how to tell my mom!"

Completely stopping, Lily turns to the girl, "What?!"

"Yeah.." Avery sheepishly said. "I don't regret telling him that and I know Mum will be fine with it but how do I tell her?"

"Just tell her when you get home, Aves. She won't get mad. It's better to tell her now then when or if he shows up and she sends him away when she answers the door and doesn't know him." Lily advises as she turns and starts walking again with Avery hot on her tail.

"Yeah, you're right." Avery smiles and continues to walk in silence until she asks, "So, anything new with Marlene?"

With her cheeks burning up, Lily replies quietly, "No. I want her to ask me, honestly.."

Avery smiles knowingly before she pats Lily on the shoulder, "I'm sure she will soon. Real soon, just be patient."

At that the Evans girl snorts, "Says the girl who literally asked the guy she likes what was going on between them because she couldn't just sit there and not know."

The Flynn girl playfully shoves the other girl's shoulder. "You bitch! You'd understand if you were in my situation."

"I know, I know. I'm just messing with you." The redhead laughs as she shoves the other girl back.