Chapter 10 - Therapists and Drunk

"Hey, cupcake." Regulus Black greets the Hufflepuff as he hugs her.

"Reggie, it's been a while since we've talked... I missed you." Avery's words are slightly muffled into his jumper but he can still understand her.

"I know, sweets, I missed you too. Now what's wrong? I can tell you're upset." Regulus frowns as he pulls away, "was it my idiotic brother and his friends? You've been hanging around them for a while.. Hm... Was it that Evans girl? I heard about what happened between you too."

As Regulus talks, tears start to form into Avery's eyes.

As Regulus looks down at Avery, he sees her tears and immediately hugs her, "Avery, what is it? Let it all out."

"It's everything! It's Lily! I miss my best friend so much and- and I just wish everything would go back to normal! I wish James would get over his stupid obsession and look my way! I just want everything to be okay." Avery cries as she hugs Regulus tighter as he strokes her hair. Regulus was one of the only people she trusts, he's practically her platonic soulmate. He was her little brother, maybe not by blood but still.

"Oh, Aves... Don't worry, it will all get better, I promise. You and Evans will... Become friends again, she'll be a better friend to you. I have a feeling she will... But, as your boy best friend.. I still don't like her." Regulus says as Avery laughs a little, "But seriously? Potter, you like Potter of all people."

Avery chuckles as Regulus wipes her tears away, "Yeah, you know how I am.. Catching feelings quick. But I couldn't help it! Did you see him in his Quidditch uniform? He looked good! But, the thing is, will he get over his obsession with Lily."

"I, uh, I don't know, cupcake... But I have seen the way he looks at you, he's starting to look at you, the way.. The way my brother looks at Lupin." Regulus explains as he slightly looks down.

"Reg, just talk to him. You know, he does talk about you sometimes." Avery says as she fixes her hair, not surprised that Regulus knows about the two Marauders being together.

"Yeah, but what would he think of me-," the youngest Black boy says but is interrupted.

"Reggie! He wishes that you'd talk to him, he's scared! Okay, he is scared of being rejected by you."

"Yeah, okay, but he wasn't if he was rejected by them," He scoffs, referring 'them' as his parents.

"That's because they are so set on choosing your guys' lives, and you, he sees you as someone who doesn't have a choice. It's because you were sorted into Slytherin, so your parents have their attention on you. And he still has hope for you, don't wait until last minute." Harley advises.

Regulus sighs than looks at Harley before chuckling, "I like how we are each others... Ther- thar-? What do bloody muggles call them again?"

"Therapists," Avery giggles, in a good mood now.

"Yes! We're each others therapists."

*-*-*-*-*-*

Avery was now on her way to the Gryffindor common room for the celebration party.

As she gets there she sees someone standing there and recognizes them as... Marlene McKinnon.

"Hey, Avery! I was waiting on you, c'mon! Come inside with me," Marlene says as she drags Avery inside the common room.

"Woah, this, this is a lot of people," Avery says as she looks around.

"This is your first party." Marlene asks in disbelief.

"Well, yeah, Lily would usually make me study with her or would say that parties don't seem like my thing." Avery replies.

"Yeah, okay. Well you've seemed stressed lately, so you are going to get drunk with me." Marlene says as they walk towards a table with drinks.

"Um, okay,"

"Here drink this and come dance with me." Marlene says handing the small girl a drink.

"A-alright," Avery stutters as she reluctantly drank the drink.

James Potter was watching the girls dance from across the room as they drank, occasionally spill a little on their shirts.

"Oi, Prongs! Mate, go find yourself a girl to dance with, distract yourself from Evans." Sirius said encouragingly.

"What?" James raised an eyebrow, confused.

"Isn't that who you were looking at?"

"O-oh yeah, I'll be back... Soon," James said walking away after putting his drink down.

"James! Jamesie,"  James heard a soft voice slur drunkingly.

"What? Avery?" James questions as he turns around to see Avery smiling at him as she slightly dances a bit.

"Come dance with me," Avery drunkingly exclaims.

"Avery, your drunk! How much have you had to drink?" James asks as he looks down at the brunette.

"Just like five or seven, no biggie!" Avery giggles.

"Merlin, Blue! That's a lot,"

"Hmm... I like it when you call me that." Avery says as she stumbles a bit.

"What?" The bespectacled boys asks as he steadies her.

"When you call me Blue, Love, Darling." Avery says as she holds onto James' arm so she won't fall.

"Then, I'll have to call you more often."

"Mhm... James," The blue eyed girl suddenly questions as she looks at said boy, making him have butterflies.

"Hm," James says as he holds onto her.

"I- I'm tired," Avery says rubbing her eyes.

Merlin! She's adorable! But... What about Lily? Do I actually like her? Or is it just an obsession? I don't recall to  ever feeling like this when I was close to her... Maybe it was the idea of being with her? Ugh! I don't know! I need to sort my things out!

"Okay, my love.. Let's get you to bed than." James says soothingly as he guides the tired girl to the dorms.

"Are we almost there?" Avery whines.

"Almost, love, be patient with me," James says as they walk up the stairs.

"Alright, we're here," James says as he looks at the girl, "here let me get a shirt for you,"

"What's wrong with mine?" Avery pouts.

"It's a bit wet." James replies handing her a shirt.

"Thanks, love." Avery slurs.

"Yep, um, Imma t-turn around," he stutters as he sees Avery about to take off her shirt.

"Oh, okay."

"I'm done," Avery says as James turns around and grabs her hand.

"Okay, c'mon, Love, get in bed." James says as Harley gets into his bed, under the covers, "there, now I'm going to tuck you in, okay?"

As James looks at Harley for reassurance,  only to see her fast asleep, so he decides to just tuck her in and leave.

But before he could leave he feels a small hand grasp his, James turns around to see Avery looking up at him.

"C-can you stay? I, I don't wanna be alone," Avery asks softly.

"Oh, um, yeah." James says as he blushes.

He gets into bed with Avery and feels her inch closer to him before she puts her head on his chest.

"Goodnight, James."

"Goodnight, my love," James replied, pressing a kiss onto her forehead before falling asleep.

A/n
How was that? It was a bit shorter than the last one but I thought ut was cute how he took care of her... Also she knows Reggie! I wasn't sure if I was gonna add him... Anyways Reggie will be Timothee Chamlet!