Chapter 20 - I love you..

Avery Flynn awoke to James Potter shaking her awake, telling her that he got her some breakfast. She groaned, slightly but sat up anyway. The Hufflepuff smiled at the Gryffindor before asking, "Did you eat yet?"

James chuckled before pointing to two plates. She immediately smiles before slowly getting up. The boy gave her a confused look and she only shrugged.

"I have to go to the loo." Avery said.

"Oh, than go on, my love." the nickname made Avery's heart flutter.

Oh how she loves him- WAIT! She loves him? What? Oh gosh! He doesn't even like her that way, right?

Avery's thoughts are interrupted when she looks in the mirror, she was a complete mess. Even after her shower the night before. There were tear stained streaks on her cheeks. Her eyes were slightly darker, not too dark to make it seem her life is miserable.

She sighed before doing her business, she washes her hands before washing her face. She takes the messy bun, that James must've done, out before running her hands through her hair.

After all that, she finally walks out the bathroom to see James cleaning up a little.

Said boy looks up and smiles, "I didn't wanna eat without you."

Honestly, she found his smile adorable.

"Awe, such a sweetheart, my love." Avery teased as James blushed slightly.

It seemed that every time the name rolled off their tongues the other would become flustered.

James clears his throat saying, "uh, we should eat before out food gets cold."

Nodding, Avery sits down next to the boy.

As the two eat, Avery blurts out, "Sorry 'bout last night... I.. I was being dramatic."

James looks at the girl, only to see her looking down. He sighs as he lifts her chin up so he could look her in the eyes and says, "My love, you were stressed. And it was you processing things slowly but it seemed that everything came crashing down all at once."

"Yeah, but I shouldn't of been like that. I had yelled at Remus." Avery exclaims, a look of fear comes over her face before she frantically exclaimed, "Oh no! (A/n our table.. Its broken) What if he hates me now? Oh merlin, how could I be like tha-" Avery is interrupted by lips smashing onto hers.

Her eyes widen as she sees its James. Just as he was about to pull away, Avery cupped his face in her hands and kissed back, passionately.

They soon pull away for air and are breathing heavily. James takes a deep breathe before asking obliviously, "Why'd you kiss me back?"

"Oh.. Uh! Why'd you kiss me?" Avery panicked as she points an accusing finger at the Potter boy.

Suddenly, a boost of confidence waves over onto the boy and he mutters, "fuck it," he sighs before saying, "I'm just gonna be honest with you, okay? And if you don't feel the same than oh fucking well. Avery Iris Flynn, I'm absolutely in love with you. It seems way too soon but I can't bloody help it.

"Your eyes are just so fucking beautiful, your lips are kissable and you, well you're lovable."

Avery sits there frozen in shock. She was speechless.

The confidence that had previously been there was suddenly gone as James chokes out, "please say something."

Avery looks him in the eyes before saying, "I love you too."

James jumps up in victory and shouts, "YES,"

It may not seem like the time to get into a relationship but they couldn't hold in their feelings right now.

"Hogmead? Next weekend?" James asks as he pulls Avery up so they could throw their trash away.

"Of course."

°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°

Avery had decided to go look for Remus so she could apologize for her actions. She hears some voices and come around the corner to see Regulus and Sirius arguing. Since she was right there she could hear the conversation.

"What the actual fuck! Why the bloody hell would you do that?" Regulus shouts as he pushes Sirius against the wall.

"I- I don't know, Reg." Sirius says, looking down.

"No! No, you do not get to act like this! You can't act like this to get pity when you did this! You did this to yourself."

"YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW THAT?"

"NO, I DON'T, BECAUSE YOU AREN'T EVEN TRYING TO FIX IT."

"MAYBE BECAUSE I CAN'T BECAUSE MY FRIENDS AREN'T DOING ANYTHING TO HELP ME TOO."

"What the actual fuck? Sirius, you are the reason.. You are the reason why they are hurting right now.. Avery was a fucking mess! And what for? Because of what you did! I don't care that you don't like Snape but you do not get to put him in danger just 'cause you were mad!" Regulus snaps before sighing, "go bloody talk to them.. Preferably Avery first.. Maybe.. I've never made her mad so I wouldn't know how she'd act."

Having enough of that Avery immediately walks away.

Hearing footsteps, the Black brothers both turn to see Avery walking away.

Sirius takes this as his chance to talk to her, "Avery! Aves! Flynn, wait up!"

Harley stops walking and turns around and saying, "what do you want?"

Sirius looks down to avoid her disappointed look.

She sighs before correcting herself, "Is there something you need?"

"Uh, yeah, I'm sorry,"

"No, no you don't get to come up to me and say that you're sorry.. You got James hurt! You betrayed Remus' trust.. And you know how he is, so if you want a second chance prove it." Avery says angrily, "oh and don't just sit around smoking because that will not help you."

With that the Flynn girl walks off.

°·°·°·°·°·°

Soon enough, Avery finds Remus in the kitchens staring blankly at the wall. She sighs as she sits down next to him and wraps him in one her famous hugs.

Avery rubs his back soothingly as she lets out faint, 'let it out's. Remus sobs into her shoulder. Finally letting himself cry.

"I- I.. Why? Why would he- How could he do this to me?"

"I- I don't know.. But I do know that it will eventually get better.. I know it will, whether it seem like it will or won't, it will.. He will own up to his mistakes and you will stop being stubborn."

Remus slightly scoffs, "I'm not stubborn."

"You may not be acting stubborn now but you will eventually.. There are and always will be four stages to betrayal or heartbreak.. Stage one, you are sad almost seeming like depressed," Avery starts before continuing, "stage two, stubborn and anger.. You get stubborn when they try to talk to you or you get angered easily by something that they do..

"Stage three, you go numb.. You just don't care until you finally think, 'what the actual.. Fuck am I doing? Am I really acting this way?' And last but not least stage four, forgiveness.. You forgive them at one point and sometimes don't even realize it."

Remus was shocked that Avery cursed but laughed nonetheless, knowing she was right.. He soon starts laughing uncontrollably at her cursing.

Avery smiles before she starts laughing as well...

A/n
Woah.. That was kind of a lot of cursing.. And I never cuss and I just.. I thought that I should do that..

Anyway, will Harley and James make it official?

When will Remus forgive Sirius?

Will Sirius even try to fight for his relationship with Remus?

Anyway, have a good day/night, my loves! <3