Chapter 6 - Good luck kiss and cuddles

Today was the Quidditch tryouts for the Gryffindor, and James and Sirius were nervous and excited. Despite them being cocky and confident about themselves, they were still nervous.

James was on his way the the Hufflepuff common room to wait for Avery. He would've gone in but Avery never showed the boys how to get in there.

As James had his back turned Avery snuck up behind him and jumped on his back, making him stumble a bit- not from her weight, but from surprise.

He immediately gained his balance and laughed a bit as Avery giggled.

"So, Avery, the tryouts are today." James said as they calmed down.

"Mhm, I heard. You gonna tryout?" Avery asks as she looks down at him.

"Yeah, you coming to cheer me on?" James asked as Avery laughed a bit.

"Of course, I am." Avery said as she runs her hands through his hair.

"Okay," James said walking up the stairs, "You're as light as a feather!"

"Everyone always says that!" Avery pouts as James chuckles.

"It's true."

"Mhm, okay."

*-*-*-*

Lily is on her way to the Great Hall to eat some breakfast and abruptly stops when she sees Avery and James.

"Hey, Lils. Whatcha doin'?" Marlene asks as she walks up to Lily.

"Look at them," the red-head points at James and Avery, "she's so stealing him from me!"

"Lily, really? You're still obsessed with this? You're definitely jealous." Marlene says as she looks at Lily, with a hint of jealousy in her eyes.

"What? No! It's just- she- they- ugh." Lily gives up.

"Wait, it's not Avery who's looking for attention, it's you," Marlene realizes, "did you ever care about Avery?"

"Of course, I did! It's just, she's stealing my James, and she was trying to ruin my friendship with Sev!" Lily exclaims.

"You know what? Lily Evans, I'm done with you, I'm not going to sit, well, stand here listening to you whine about not getting your spot light and whatever, but until you're done I'm no longer your friend." Marlene fumes as she walks away from Lily.

*-*-*-*-*

It was now time for the Gryffindor Quidditch tryouts and Avery was walking with Remus and Peter to the stands when she saw James.

"Hey, I'll be right back. I'm gonna go wish James good luck." Avery softly said as she walks over to James.

"Oh, hey, Avery." James said when he looked up to find Avery standing there.

"Hi, I just wanted to wish you good luck." She says as she smiles at him.

"Oh, really, will you kiss me good luck?" James asks as he wiggles his eyebrows jokingly.

"What! Oh, no! I mean, no offense.. Or I could if you want me to?" Avery rambles.

"I'm joking," James says as he smiles at her red cheeks, "you're adorable."

"Th-thanks," Avery says as she blushes even more, "well, good luck!" she takes off running towards the stands but not before kissing him on the cheek.

"Oh, Aves..." James says as looks at the spot she was just in, with a dazed look (AN: is that what it's called?).

"Hey, Prongs! The tryouts are about to start!" Sirius says clapping James on the shoulder, snapping him out of his daze.

*-*-*-*