Chapter 19 - The outcome

Sirius Black had completely thought everything through and did something that might be a new hobby.  He ran. He ran away from that problem. But he knew that it wouldn't last long and everything would come crashing down. Just like when he realized he liked boys. But that happened in a good way.

This, he knew would not turn out good. But it didn't mean he didn't have a small bit of hope.

°·°·°·°·°·°·°

Avery Flynn had been shaking since everything happened and even in the comfort of James Potter's arms, she still shook. She was absolutely scared. She knew. She knew that everything would turn out bad. And she didn't like that. She didn't want to see any of her friends sad or depressed or anything like that. She didn't everyone to split up.

She wanted it all to be okay. But she knew it wouldn't be so she just took a deep breathe and got her self ready to tell Remus everything. Peter had been out looking for Sirius to make sure nothing had happened to him and to just check up on him. James hadn't sent him though, too mad to be thinking about that fool.

He was furious with Sirius and he couldn't care less about him at the moment. Obviously he still cared for his friend but in that moment he just couldn't think straight. Avery had sent Peter.

°·°·°·°

Avery and James both got ready to tell Remus everything that they knew. Just as they were about to go sit on another bed to wait for the Lupin boy to awake, said boy woke up.

"A- Aves? Prongs? What are you guys doing here?" Remus asked as he slowly sat up, with Harley's help. It took him a moment to take in what they had looked like, "Wait- wh-why are you guys covered in blood? An-and where are W- Peter and S-sirius?"

"Remmy! Rem-," Avery was continuously interrupted by Remus before she snapped, "REMUS JOHN LUPIN! CLOSE YOUR MOUTH AND STOP ASKING QUESTIONS SO I CAN ANSWER THEM FOR MERLINS SAKE."

The two Gryffindors were shocked, since they hadn't expected her to yell. But they kn- well, James knew that she was stressed. Stressed about all her friends well-beings.

With Sirius suddenly gone. Peter out searching for him, yet he was still beyond scared. Severus probably being traumatized. James, still being sore and last but not least, Remus, him being upset, mad, or anything really.

Yet, she wasn't even thinking of herself. She never thinks of herself. That's just the way Avery Flynn is.

"Uh.. G-go on." Remus mutters.

"Okay, well... Um, this.. This is all I know," Avery says as she watches Remus nod slowly before she continues, "Well, um.. I was just outside by the castle entrance leading to the courtyard, you know? And I had seen a figure, which looked to be Severus and I knew that none of the boys had gone yet so I immediately got James, and we-we started running towards him.."

James puts his hand on Avery's, mentally telling her to take a breathe which she does and continues, "b-but by the time we had gotten there he'd already been climbing in. James had transformed and ran in there and I had stupidly ran in after. But just as I had run down there Sev came running up the stairs, scared. He grabbed my hand- before he grabbed me I saw that James was holding you back as you tried to come towards Sev and I. As Severus grabbed me," Avery stops to take a breathe before she goes on, "I tripped going up the stairs and landed on my wrist,"

The girl raises her left arm which shows her cast, "and he continued to drag me up the stairs so I had to quickly get up. When we got out, Peter had been there and had his wand to Sevs throat and telling him to give me to him and stuff. So Sev reluctantly gave me to him and just when he ran Sirius had stopped him and said-" Avery is cut off by a sob.

It had really broke her. Seeing James' lifeless body when Sirius and Peter were carrying him. Severus' traumatized face. Sirius sick smirk when he had admitted he tried to get Severus killed. It scared her. Left her terrified for her friends.

James sees that she can't continue, he immediately turns her towards him and hugs her tightly as he continues for the girl and telling Remus what Avery told him, "Padfoot had said that he did set Snape up when Snivellus had accused him of setting him up. Which he did. After that Avery had said something about me still being down in the Shrieking Shack with you and Wormy and Black had ran down to get me."

After James' blunt answer and everything Avery had told him, Remus couldn't help but feel betrayed that his boyfriend would do such thing. He felt betrayed, upset, mad, confused, and yet he felt like he knew it.

He knew- no he had thought that he could trust Sirius before they started dating but after all he was wrong. How could he let his guard down? Why would he let this happen. Let his friends get hurt. He was hurt too. But he felt like he wanted to punch someone or something.

Yet he knew he couldn't. He simply turned away from the two and glared at the bed across from him, not wanting to take his anger out on his two friends.

°·°·°°·°·°

Avery couldn't help it anymore so she did the one thing she didn't want to. Run. She ran all the way to the astronomy tower, ignoring James' shouts.

When she arrived, she saw that the person she was looking for was there. Regulus Black.

She immediately ran into his arms, sobbing uncontrollably. She felt him wrap his arms around her, confused as to what happened, yet still held her.

"He set it all up! He tried to kill him, Reg! He-he be-betrayed him! H-how could he do that?"

"Harley, darling what are you talking about?" Regulus asks as he rubs her back soothingly.

"Sirius! He set Sev up to try to get him killed and betrayed Remus."

Regulus put two and two together and realized it. Of course he knew about Remus and the boys. He had only figured it out this year.

Regulus shushed her and helped her stand, wanting to bring her back to Potter so he could deal with his brother.

°·°·°·°·°

As they approach the Gryffindor common room, Regulus sees James sitting on the steps with his head in his arms.

"Potter! Get over here." Regulus says as James looks up and gets up immediately when he sees Avery.

"Black? I-is she okay?" James asks grabbing Avery from his hold.

"Yes. But do take care of her and if I were you I'd get you two cleaned up." Regulus says looking James up and down, "Now, I should be on my way. Got to find my horrid brother."

(A/n Regulus obviously still loves him, it's just he's not happy with Sirius. And as you can see, no one is)

James nods before he says the password and heads to his dorm.

"Avery? Blue? M-my love?" at the sound of the nickname, Avery opens her eyes and looks at James, "wanna get cleaned up? I'll get you some clothes to borrow."

The Flynn girl nods and gets up, heading to the bathroom. She closes the door and look at herself to see that she is such a mess. She tries to smile but it just doesn't seem right. She strips off her clothes and jumps in the shower.

As James pulls out clothes for the girl he hears to shower turn on and grabs the clothes quickly before he knocks om the door and opening it quickly while placing the clothes om the counter.

°·°·°·°·°

The two had gotten cleaned up and everything and were now cuddled up to one another.

"J-james?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm going to sleep.. Okay?"

"Yeah, okay."

And just like that the two fall asleep in each others arms...

A/n
Sorry the ending kinda got sloppy. Its currently 2am for me so yeah.

Anyway bye my loves! Have a good day/night! <3