Chapter 35 - Sorry!

Today was the day that many Hogwarts students would be leaving to go home for Christmas Break. Avery was so excited to get to see her parents. Despite her parents being divorced, they were good friends. They'd been best friends since middle school, high school sweethearts, a divorced couple, and now good friends again. Spencer Flynn, Avery's dad, was in fact seeing someone right now with the name Tate Romero. She was amazing as Spencer would always tell her. Avery just couldn't wait to meet the woman and get to know her. She just hoped that Tate wouldn't ruin anything for the family.

Rushing off of the train, Avery started to eagerly look for her mother or father. She would look for Tate but Avery could only guess that Spencer didn't tell Tate yet. Spotting her mother, Avery immediately broke out into a sprint as Katy seemed to have caught sight of her daughter and met her halfway. Rocking back and forth, Avery couldn't help but let out a joyous cry. It felt as if it had been years when really it was only months from last time the two had seen each other. Katy had gone off to go see an old friend of hers and expected to get back to London to say goodbye to her daughter but her train had been delayed.

"God, it feels like it's been years, Sweetie. I am so sorry I couldn't make it in time, I knew that I should've come sooner instead but I-" Katy's rambling was cut off by her daughter.

"Mum, Mum, it's okay. You tried your best and that's all that matters. This was the only and first time that you've missed seeing me. You're here now-- Oh, where's Dad?" The younger blonde cut herself off as she looked around.

"Oh, um... Avery, your father and Tate stayed back at his house so they could get everything ready. We're having Christmas at his place... Which reminds me, we have to wait for Tate's son. He's actually in your year." Katy smiled sympathetically.

She shrugged, "Oh, well what's his name?"

"Corey Romero."

"Huh, don't think I've heard of him."

"Oh, where's that boyfriend of yours? I'd love to meet him!" At that Avery widens her eyes.

"James! I forgot James! Oh gosh, I left him and everyone without saying goodbye!" Avery starts to look around. "And, mom! You can't meet him yet! Not here, I want you and Dad to meet him over dinner. But, I'll be right back."

Without letting her mother say a word, Avery rushed off to find her friends. Finding Lily first, Avery hugs her and apologizes for leaving and that she had found her mom. After that the two said bye and went separate ways. She said goodbye to Peter, Marlene, Dorcas, Remus, and any other friends before parting off to find Sirius and James.

Finding Sirius first, Avery pulled him away from his parents who were waiting for Regulus and pulled him into a bone crushing hug saying goodbye to write if anything. Sirius smiled at her and said he would.

"Avery!" Turning around, she smiles when she finds her boyfriend waving her over.

"James, I am so sorry I ran off. I completely forgot about saying goodbye to everyone because I was excited about seeing my mum. I-" James cut her off as he chuckled.

"Relax, Darling. It's okay, I completely understand, but while you're here... Would you like to meet my parents?"

At the question, the girl looked up with startled eyes and looked over to see an old couple staring at the two with smiles on their faces. Clearing het throat, "I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there. Um, I'm Avery Flynn... And wow, you two don't look a day over 20."

The woman let out a chuckle, "It is alright, Sweetheart. You are so polite! How did you and James meet?"

"Nothing special, really. I was stopping by their compartment to say hello to Pete and Remus when I saw James and Sirius in the corner all quiet. Which now that I know them more, I'm quite surprised the two could keep quiet." Avery and Mrs. Potter laughed.

"Oh, yes, it's almost impossible to keep these two quiet. If they're ever quiet that means they're up to something. Like once I was cooking dinner and all I heard was nothing. There was not a sound other than me cooking, and I look over just to see a dummy standing right behind me. Nearly gave me a heart attack and next thing I knew, the dummy started doing all kinds of dances. I can never catch a break!" Avery let out a laugh as she looked over to see her boyfriend staring at his mother with wide eyes. "Ah, I'll have to show you some baby pictures soon. He was a cute baby!"

"Am I just not cute anymore?" James asked with an offended look on his face.

"James, sh, the adults are speaking. He was a very crazy baby but other than that he was cute." Mrs. Potter lightly smacked Mr. Potter on the chest telling him to not call Baby James crazy. "Oh, fine. He was a very reckless baby."

"Oh! How rude of us! I'm James' mother, Euphemia Potter and this is his father Fleamont Potter. We just launched straight into stories, sorry, Dear."

"It's okay, Mrs. Potter. It was lovely meeting you two, but I should get back to my mum." Avery politely smiled as she shook hands with the two.

"I'll walk you." James said as he grabbed Avery's hand and interlocked their fingers together. "You seem to get along well with my mum. Merlin, I can't believe she told you that she'd show you baby pictures! That's so embarrassing."

"It's okay, My Love. There is no need to br embarrassed, I bet that you were very cute. You're handsome, by the way and very much cute." James blushed as he lightly squeezed her hand.

"Hey! Avery, you're back. This is- oh, are you- are you the boyfriend?" Katy asked with a smile.

"Oh, me? Yes, yes I am. Proud to her boyfriend might I add." Katy laughed while the boy next to her was looking at Avery and James with wide eyes.

"Yeah, Avery told me how you announced it to the whole school. You'll have to tell me more soon, Sweetie." Looking to her side, Katy remembers about the boy. "Oh! Avery, this is Corey, Tate's son. Tate, this Avery. My daughter, also Spencer's daughter."

Corey only nodded as he still gawked at Avery and James. Stepping forward, Avery extends her hand, "I'm Avery, it's so nice to meet you! I haven't heard a single thing about you since I just found out about you but I'm excited to get to know you!"

"Yeah, yeah, I, um... Yeah, I'm C- Corey. I've seen you around, the both of you. My- my mom mentioned that Spencer had a daughter, too but I just thought that, um she was like a..." Corey stumbled over his words as he turned red seeing at the three were watching him.

"Like a child?" Avery laughed as Corey let out a sheepish 'yeah'. "Well, it's very nice to meet you Corey. This is my boyfriend James, who actually has to get back to his parents."

"Yeah, I told my mum that I'd be quick... But it's really nice to meet you Mrs. Fl-"

"Fortescue. It's Fortescue now." Katy corrected.

"Oh, uh sorry. But it's nice to meet you, Corey. Hope to see you around, and Ms. Fortescue, it was nice meeting you, Avery has told me a lot about you." James smiles.

"Yes, it's good to meet you, James. But, please, call me Katy. You make me feel old when you call me Ms. Or Mrs." The older blonde chuckled as she shook hands with James.

"Of course Ms- Katy. But, I've ought to go. See you soon, Aves." He kisses her on the cheek after they pull away from the hug that he had pulled her in.

"Bye! See you soon, My Love!"

"Well, let's get you two home. Corey, your Mum told you about her moving in with Spencer, right?"

"Yea-"

"Wait, Tate moved in with Dad already?" Looking at her Mum with a shocked expression on her face, Avery stops walking.

"Uh, yeah. I thought that he told you, why is it even a big deal, Sweetie?" Katy softly asked while Corey watches.

"It's not... I just didn't expect them to move that quick, I'm glad that she moved in, though. Now there's not too many houses to go back and forth through." Avery smiles as they started walking to the parking lot.

"Me, too." Corey says.

"You know, Corey. I think that we'll get along pretty well, I know that we didn't speak at all in school, but I have a good feeling about our friendship.

Corey nodded with a smile as the two launched into a conversation as they got into the car. Katy started it up and drove them home while the two 15 year olds spoke. Smiling, Katy just knew that they'd get along like brother and sister.