66-Heartbeat

After learning of her pregnancy, Su Rui was fine while the baby's father seemed particularly nervous lately.

Su Rui said a lot of things and felt like she was about to believe that pregnant women are invincible. It was only then that Gu Yu Cheng was comfortable with the idea of letting her attend lessons in school.

Fortunately, the second semester of her third-year wasn't too packed and there weren't too many theory courses. Thus, Su Rui was able to slip away from time to time.

Nowadays, the places Su Rui slipped away to were usually the Gu's family main residence or Mother Su's house.

Occasionally, she would go to Gu Company.

As for the reason why Su Rui goes to Gu Company, she felt it was embarrassing to tell Gu Yu Cheng.

Actually, even she didn't quite understand (the reason). Anyway, after she got pregnant, she inexplicably wanted to spend more time with Gu Yu Cheng.

Sometimes when she was at school, she would suddenly want to see him.

But because Su Rui was worried that it would affect Gu Yu Cheng's work, she rarely comes over.

Unless she really wanted to see her baby's daddy.

Hearing the knock on the door, Gu Yu Cheng succinctly said, "Come in."

Gu Yu Cheng looked at the documents in his hand and did not look up.

It was only when he heard light footsteps and smelled the familiar fragrance that Gu Yu Cheng lifted his head.

"Slow down." Gu Yu Cheng tensed up when he saw Su Rui running over in small steps towards him.

"It's okay," Su Rui said with a smile. As she spoke, she was already guided by Gu Yu Cheng to his side.

"Sit here."

Seeing Gu Yu Cheng nervously trying to make her sit down, Su Rui batted her eyelashes and said, "I've been sitting all morning. Let me stand for a while."

One can't sit still all the time even if one is pregnant.

Upon hearing that, Gu Yu Cheng no longer insisted.

He just wrapped his arm around Su Rui's waist, letting the woman's body weight rest on his own.

Gu Yu Cheng lowered his head and kissed Su Rui's forehead. He asked in a gentle voice, "Why did you come over?"

"I came to check on you, to see if you are doing your job properly," Su Rui said half-jokingly.

"
"
After a pause, Su Rui explained, "I had classes during the first and second period today and then I went to attend a class at the childcare centre, which happened to be nearby. So I came over after it ended."

After saying that, she saw the glimmer of emotion in Gu Yu Cheng's eyes, Su Rui hastily added, "It's really near and it was the driver who sent me over."

When Gu Yu Cheng heard that, he responded, "En." Then, he asked, "How are you feeling today?"

"Very well, don't worry."

"Right," thinking of something, Su Rui smiled and continued, "I learned about infant massage in class. Do you want to try it?"

Looking at Su Rui's expectant expression, Gu Yu Cheng smiled dotingly, "Alright."

"Then, sit down."

Letting Gu Yu Cheng sit in the office chair, Su Rui went around to the side and lifted her hand and started pressing down on Gu Yu Cheng's eyebrows.