67-Don't be afraid

The moment Gu Yu Cheng heard of Su Rui's accident, he felt that his heart was about to stop beating.

Even at this moment, Gu Yu Cheng was still feeling unsettled as he held the person in his arms.

"Yu Cheng..."

"Don't be afraid."

"En," Su Rui responded, trying to make her tone as relaxed as possible.

At this moment, being held tightly by Gu Yu Cheng, she could clearly feel the man shaking.

"I'm fine. It's alright. Don't be afraid either."

With her arms tightly wrapped around Gu Yu Cheng's neck, Su Rui whispered in Gu Yu Cheng's ear over and over again that she was fine, trying to calm this person down.

The moment she was forcefully pushed from behind, probably out of maternal instinct, Su Rui subconsciously protected her stomach even though she had fallen forward.

So, other than the pain in her knees and arms, she doesn't feel any pain on her stomach.

Of course, it was more of a shock.

It happened so suddenly that until now, Su Rui still hasn't calmed down.

Moreover, Su Rui's mind was in a turmoil. She was not sure whether she was alright or not.

It's just that, at this moment, Gu Yu Cheng was already anxious. Hence, Su Rui didn't want to make him even more anxious.

Even so, Gu Yu Cheng can still sense Su Rui's fear at the moment.

"Don't be afraid, I'm here."

......

[Hospital] ‒ After the initial examination of Su Rui's condition, the doctor's face didn't look too good either.

It was only after several more tests, such as progesterone level and ultrasound, were done to make sure that the fetus was still stable, was Su Rui transferred to the ward.

However, the doctor's expression was still very solemn when facing Gu Yu Cheng and Su Rui.

"You two don't need to be too anxious. The condition of the pregnant woman and the fetus are still relatively stable." After a pause, the doctor added, "But since there are already symptoms of slight pain and bleeding, she still needs to stay in the hospital for further observation."

"Alright." Gu Yu Cheng responded.

Due to his angst, the corner of his lips was pursed into a straight line.

"Also, during early stages of the pregnancy, the fetus is still unstable. So things like a fall must be avoided." Looking at the two, the doctor warned with a serious face before leaving.

After the doctor left, Gu Yu Cheng looked at Su Rui and asked, "Are you hungry?"

Su Rui shook her head.

"Do you want to drink water?"

Su Rui shook her head again.

"Yu Cheng."

"I'm here." Gu Yu Cheng leaned down and placed a kiss on Su Rui's forehead.

Rubbing gently against Gu Yu Cheng's shoulders, Su Rui said softly, "I was really a bit scared just now."

It was only at this moment that Su Rui uttered the fear she felt at that moment.

Hearing these words, Gu Yu Cheng's body hardened.

"I'm sorry." After a pause, he added, "I didn't take care of you."

"It wasn't your fault. Besides, you are already good."